beretta sporters

gemini52

Called into north wales shooting school this morning to pick up some fibre wads,so looking along the racks at new guns as i normaly do could not under stand just how much the cost of a new gun has rose over the last few months a 686e had a ticket price of 1,620 quid ive had two over the years i dont concider them worth that much, the guy in the shop said its beretta jacking the prices up,think in a recession they would be trying to make there guns more affordable to the average man in the street.Second hand guns are selling resonalbly well which you can understand given these prices. :huh:

i bought a new 686 e about 5 years ago list price was £1150 plus got some discount ! yep they have gone up loads !

I bought mine three years ago for 1450 saw an advert in one of the mags for brand new 1850 :blink:

mine is still for sale in the sales section a lot cheaper than that though, shamelesss plug :blush:

It's not only Beretta, Browning have done the same...fortunate for me.

I bought a B2G 30" a number of years ago for £3.5K. I see them S/H at £5K to £7K...new £11K and a 12 month wait.

Mine is still original, boxed, virtually unused so I would expect a good return if I ever sold it.

Going back to the berettas the guy in the shop told me they had not sold one new gun since the last price increase so it goes to show people will try to sorce good second hand stuff may well be better then money in bank.

My local gun shop was selling new 686E's for £1300 (sold out of stock at the moment) recently as I believe they are be replaced by the silver pigeon range of guns, seams to me that the price of £1620 is a bit high.

I bought the first 686e around six years ago seem to recall i paid 950 new,a guy at are local shoot has it now says he would not sell it suits him fine.

• 2 weeks later...

I would guess GMK are as happy to shift plenty of lanbers rather than entry level berrettas.

I haven't seen Mercedes or BMW drop their prices due to the recession?

Wasn't their a load of fanfare about the new silver pigeon 1 being cheaper as berretta had rationalised the range over world markets? Eccomoy of scale selling the same gun across the world market rather than each distributor having their own spec?

Just imagine how expensive they would be if they hadn't done this !!!