Do we need a foraging forum?

Blunderbuss

83 members have voted

1. 1. Do we need a foraging sub forum on pigeon watch?

• Yes, a great idea
    • No need for another forum, posts on the subject are fine in other forums
    • No need at all

Maybe it could be another subforum under recipes. Or, recipes as a subforum along with foraging/gardening. But then we'd need a new main to take over recipes.

Something like;

-Country Sports

-- Food, Flora and Fauna

--- Foraging/Wild Foods

--- Gardening/Veg Patch

--- Recipes

I am with this suggestion, but in general a very god idea

No point in it for me.

I dunno if I'm an odd one out but I just scroll down the new content and click on any topic title that interests me whilst skipping the ones that don't - especially the ones with vague clueless titles - which I refuse to open.

The point I'm making is that I don't just check through certain sub forum sections.

:stupid:

Although that best works if you're a regular visitor or you'll have hundreds of threads to scroll through. But yes, I'm in your camp so you're not the odd one out, esp with the vague thread titles!

The mods did say they'd discuss it, I wonder what the outcome was?

It's moving along through the approval process, just to set expectations from the outset (as we say in corporate circles) it won't look anything like Huff huff's suggestion. We have and probably always will, tried to keep forums and sub forums to an absolute minimum to maintain the clean and uncluttered look.

It's moving along through the approval process, just to set expectations from the outset (as we say in corporate circles) it won't look anything like Huff huff's suggestion. We have and probably always will, tried to keep forums and sub forums to an absolute minimum to maintain the clean and uncluttered look.

I'd expect nothing else ;)

It was just an idea...obviously ;)

Edited by huffhuff

I'll consider my expectations well and truly managed! Just pleased to see that after running the outcome of my blue sky thinking up the flagpole to see who saluted it, you've triaged and solutioned it and moved it towards the reality space :huh::D

Edited by Blunderbuss

I Think its a good idea, been wondering which mushrooms to use in my mushroom vodka!.

Could be dangerous mate ! going to have a peak on my booze books do's & dont's ? :hmm:

Will let you know what I can find before you bloody poison your self & you mates !.

Remember you cant shoot pigeons when your in the box ! :w00t:

It has been decided against new sub-forums at the moment, as there wouldn't be sufficient posts to justify their existence.

The one thing we don't have here (unlike some forums) is dead forums.

This doesn't mean to say we couldn't look at it again in the future.

A little disappointed but understand the reasons. (though I don't think there'd be any shortage of postings). Thanks for at least considering it.