moose meat at lidl

bi9johnny

OK - been and got some - was surprised at how little you got for your tenner 3 three inch rounds about an inch thick - I have to admit I kept picking them up and putting them back and in end thought I pay a lot for my beef steaks so give it a try.

Question -- It says on packet to fry them but I use a grill pan for all my steaks - so can I grill them - do you cook them well or can they be like a steak just pink side of bloody ??

Dave

Mind you I do think that we generaly do not pay enough for meat we bring in laws for animal welfare Ie pigs then most people go out and buy cheep pork etc and have no concern about the conditions that the animal are cept in. I would rather have good quality meat twice a week and really enjoy it than have cheep tastless meat every day also if we did not waist so much grain etc feeding animals the cost of other foods would be less that is my thought for what it is worth and of cource if you can shoot some rabbits or pigeons or a dear all the better. :good:

Edited by four-wheel-drive

• 2 weeks later...

Had my second Moose steak last night unlike the first one which I wasn't keen on this one was perfect - came from same packet but meat looked finer - First one I cooked on grill for 4 min total - last night 3 1/2 min and it was just like good rump steak -- As they are small about 2" round and good inch thick I cut them down to 1/2" thick.

Now got to look in Lidl for the Haggis.

Dave

Edited by DSPUK