How Many Bullet Heads

Hi i am just taking up Re-loading my own rounds and was thinking, i am aloud to hold 160 .223 rounds. Bullet heads are sold in boxes of 100 so does that mean i can only hold 1 box or do all the components have to be put together first before its classed as a round.

I was only thinking this as i may wish to load 40gn and 50gn rounds so would i have to put in for an increase of ammunition i am aloud to keep?

Thanks Sixhills69

Hi i am just taking up Re-loading my own rounds and was thinking, i am aloud to hold 160 .223 rounds. Bullet heads are sold in boxes of 100 so does that mean i can only hold 1 box or do all the components have to be put together first before its classed as a round.

I was only thinking this as i may wish to load 40gn and 50gn rounds so would i have to put in for an increase of ammunition i am aloud to keep?

Thanks Sixhills69

thats right you can only hold 160 so you cant buy 2 boxes at once,a bit stupid really as you would have thought these FEOs would know bullets come in packs of 100 :blink:

I alway round the numbers up to 100 on my allowance makes thing simple.

weather its assembled or not you can only hold whats on your ticket,my advice would be send you ticket back to have more added at least 200 to buy and 300 to hold

If you are buying exanding ammunition they count towards your allowance when they are still in components so you could only buy 1 box at a time unless you get your allowance upped. If you were buying a-max for example you could buy more or less as many bullets as you like as they are non expanding rounds. (bullets only not full rounds) :good:

As the other two previous post, expanding heads are counted as units of ammunition. Best thing to do is send your license to your Firearms dept, fill in the relevant parts of the 101 and enclose a letter explaining you reload and use several differant types of heads, light ones for rabbits, heavier for fox,also the box's come in 100's ( you would think they would know by now) so could you possible have 200 to buy and 400 to hold. :good:

If you are reloading ammo for hunting you only want to buy one box first off to see how you get on with that particular bullet. (Anyway 100 is going to last you a very long time.) Then next time you buy something different and try them if you can so over time you start to build up a better understanding of what works well. Then after about twenty years and several shot out rifles you will start to get a handle on it

On the other hand if the first lot of bullets/load is absolutely brilliant stick with them but you will find you will start to get drawn into experimenting with different powders and loads in all probability

Cheers Guys like you say you would think firearms would no they complain about being understaffed and over worked due to the increase in applications they could save them selves so much paper work and still give a good if not better service.

But i supose thats to much to ask :lol:

I agree with you, but don't blame the FEOs--blame John Major, Michael Howard and the Home Office. They were the idiots who blithely announced they were banning centre fire pistols and expanding bullets when it had been made illegal by Parliament NOT to use expanding on deer and every .22 rabbit shooter in the UK was using hollow points. :rolleyes:

If you explain that you plan to reload they will almost certainly up your allowance. If you state that you will only load 100 rounds at a time and hold the rest as bullets until needed they will see that you're also sensible which will help your cause too. :good:

I've got buy 300 hold 400 as a minimum on my centrefires, even the .338.

I agree with you, but don't blame the FEOs--blame John Major, Michael Howard and the Home Office. They were the idiots who blithely announced they were banning centre fire pistols and expanding bullets when it had been made illegal by Parliament NOT to use expanding on deer and every .22 rabbit shooter in the UK was using hollow points. :rolleyes:

I don't blame the FEO's as they just follow the rules infact i know quite a few of the guys that work at leicester and they try realy hard to please everyone and do a brillent job, i agree the muppets in the goverment and the home office need a sensible body that understands the aspects of our sport, and only then will we have a licencing system that is easy to use and fare. But that will never happen :hmm: :hmm: