What is the difference between an A-Max & V-Max

HI guys for those that have left messages on my other thread i thank you loads and its all getting wrote down in a big book. I may maybe stupid but what is the difference to an A-Max bullet and a V-Max bullet and is Hornady Brass good for reloading.

Cheers Look forward to finding this one out.

Cheers Nige

There is no difference except the packet and bullet weight.

Hornady brass is generally pretty well regarded; I've not used and stick with Lapua where I want good brass.

One you can send through the post, the other you cant!!

Dave

I don't reload, but from what I understand you have your answer in the 2 posts above! It is a delicate legal differentiation. :yes::yes::yes:

Yeah it's easy. One is very frangible and is section 5 expanding - the other is very frangible and a target bullet.... Simple! :hmm:

If you care to omit the misuse of frangible [frangible adj; breakable or fragile - look it up] then you have it straight.

Edited by chockmoose

Perhaps I am misinterpreting the question but I took it that he was wondering ballisticly what the difference was. The Vmax has a thinner jacket toward the polymer insert while the jacket on the Amax is supposed to be a bit thicker. The obvious is the Vmax is (in .22 cal) available in 50 gr. while the Amax is 52 gr.

I am not a fan of Hornady brass, I have read some unflattering reviews on it, I stick with WW brass and find it very good for the $.

Apart from whats been stated if you have upset plod and you are squeaky clean, but are using say A-Max on deer they can prosecute you for not using a bullet designed to expand in a controlled manner. But they may not.

No they can't because that is not the wording of the law. Amax qualify under the relevant Acts.