poachers

david hunter

yep every week last year lads in off roaders and 2or 3 dogs in back chaseing big rabbits nothing you can do

farmer blocked all gates and evan put nail boards down they just come though hedges

So easy answer kill every single hare on sight and guess wat they dont come any more and even if you catch them

or ring police they turn up 2 hrs later or say they carnt find them as they dont have 4x4 yer yer yer .

But one thing you dont want is confrontation in a dark field with 3 lads

So taking out numbers of a UKBAP species is the answer rather than dealing with the issue at hand?

I think you need to look again at your priorities :hmm:

So taking out numbers of a UKBAP species is the answer rather than dealing with the issue at hand?

I think you need to look again at your priorities :hmm:

I don't agree with taking them all out either, though I am aware that it's not always easy to deal with the poachers.

What can you do, the police can be completely useless, I know this from experience, and when they can't/won't help you are a bit stuck.

Going out to meet them is potentially dangerous, especially if they have dogs or guns. If you take a gun with you, you could end up in a position where you have to shoot them, which again isn't an option.

The only thing I can think of is shooting their dogs, but I'm not sure if that's legal. Could rabbits/hares be classed as livestock being worried by dogs? I'm not sure

I'm not sure how they can be dealt with really, as blocking off all fields can be easier said than done.

Edited by bedwards1966

When deer presence results in loss of crop or other damage they get legally shot. When Pigeon presence results in loss of crops they are legally shot. When Rabbits presence result in loss of crop they get legally shot. When rats yada yada, we're mostly people who shoot creatures of some sort or another because of the damage caused if we don't shoot them - or simply because we want to.

When Hare presence results in damage to crops its just as feasible to legally shoot them, as that gets a much more successfull result than dealing legally with the bad guys. How would you chaps saying not to shoot the Hare feel if you were told to find a different way of dealing with all those poor innocent Deer, Pigeon, Rabbits, Rats, Pheasant, Geese, Duck etc? It ain't their fault you want to shoot them either.

No hares = no wrecking of crops and fences etc once it's been established the prey has gone.

When deer presence results in loss of crop or other damage they get legally shot. When Pigeon presence results in loss of crops they are legally shot. When Rabbits presence result in loss of crop they get legally shot. When rats yada yada, we're mostly people who shoot creatures of some sort or another because of the damage caused if we don't shoot them - or simply because we want to.

When Hare presence results in damage to crops its just as feasible to legally shoot them, as that gets a much more successfull result than dealing legally with the bad guys. How would you chaps saying not to shoot the Hare feel if you were told to find a different way of dealing with all those poor innocent Deer, Pigeon, Rabbits, Rats, Pheasant, Geese, Duck etc? It ain't their fault you want to shoot them either.

No hares = no wrecking of crops and fences etc once it's been established the prey has gone.

But it isn't the hares that are they problem, its the scumbags they are attracting. Justification for killing the hares should not be 'cos its easier than dealing with the poachers'!!

its not just hares where i live, foxes, deer, badgers it goes on and on. They dont seem to care what it is there running there dogs on. The local farmers are going crazy about it but unless actually caught in the act theyre hard to stop. Gone are the days when a poacher was a man trying to feed his family, most poachers are now organised gangs out for there 'fun'.

But it isn't the hares that are they problem, its the scumbags they are attracting. Justification for killing the hares should not be 'cos its easier than dealing with the poachers'!!

But the Hare's ARE part of the problem, no Hare = no coursers right?

We could just as easily defend Foxes, its not Foxy's fault there are loads of pheasant to be taken is it?

I wonder how the scumbags would feel about a bunch of guys turning up at night and doing what they want in their garden/shed/house etc, or if a burgler breaks a car window to look through the glovebox or nick the stereo.

I don't agree with taking them all out either, though I am aware that it's not always easy to deal with the poachers.

What can you do, the police can be completely useless, I know this from experience, and when they can't/won't help you are a bit stuck.

Going out to meet them is potentially dangerous, especially if they have dogs or guns. If you take a gun with you, you could end up in a position where you have to shoot them, which again isn't an option.

The only thing I can think of is shooting their dogs, but I'm not sure if that's legal. Could rabbits/hares be classed as livestock being worried by dogs? I'm not sure

I'm not sure how they can be dealt with really, as blocking off all fields can be easier said than do

Edited by matone

Had a number of friends in a similar situation and it seems that around here the landowners have been shooting the dogs. I personally do not agree with this as I am an avid dog lover but around here it seems to be that the poachers are also causing a great deal of damage and the dogs are in severe cases harming the livestock. I would try to 'contain' them in the act for the police to deal with or use 'deterrents' to try and help make it less worth their while (have heard of landowners laying material across entire hedgerows to puncture tyres).

Gedge

Not saying when or were all I'll say is two lads four dogs all over fields ,lucky for me(they never saw me) all I had was my gun no gear so made my way back to van low and behold my battery drill was in the back ,would you credit it ,it punctured all four tyres :yes: on there White #### van (seen them on field before and get out of the said van) before all the arm chair lawyers say wrong or idiot ,save it I don't care :D

Edited by imissalot

:good: :good: :lol:

Not saying when or were all I'll say is two lads four dogs all over fields ,lucky for me(they never saw me) all I had was my gun no gear so made my way back to van low and behold my battery drill was in the back ,would you credit it ,it punctured all four tyres :yes: on there White #### van (seen them on field before and get out of the said van) before all the arm chair lawyers say wrong or idiot ,save it I don't care :D

friends of mine who used to own a farm in st.day (cornwall) were having the same problems with unwanted visitor's at night. costing the couple alot of money. police didnt want to know....

i went down with the guy who owned it one night for rabbits, and low and behold, they were there lamping. blocked the exit with his range rover, a quick phonecall to the police to tell them that 4 men with guns were threatening us, and the police turned up in less than 5 minutes! result! armed response is the way forward..... you even mention the word "gun" and the police down here go doo-lally.

just a thought.......

good lad them vermin dont give a toss about laws and respect they just use violence to get what they want maybe walking a few mile will put them of for a few weeks :good: :good: :good: :good: :good: :good: