great night

cocker3

last week i was speaking to verminator69 and he said he had a few hundred geese coming into a pond on his shoot and invited me to shoot it with him too night :drool: .so with a north east wind blowing proper good we arrived at the pond in question at 3.45pm to be greeted by 100+ geese on the grass at the edge of the pond .now the pond has a large grass field on one side and stubble on the other side with and a ditch running along between the grass and the stubble . this was where we were going to sit and shoot as they came up the stubble field over the ditch and into the pond at the back of us .

the geese flew off as we approached the pond and about 10 ducks lifted too we settled in and with in 10 min geese were on the wing and heading straight for us now i have'nt shot many geese probably 10 in total so this got the blood pumping but as 50 or so came over us they were not for playing the game we wanted and would not commit to the pond and were probably two gun shots high :bye2: and they were gone .after five more minutes more came over the stubble three followed by another four the back four peeled off but the three kept coming and i dropped one and allan dropped another .then a single came in over the stubble so low we never seen it till the last minute and allan dropped it first time of asking it then went quite for 15 minutes or so time enough for a fag then a pair came high over head too high but circled round lower this time only for me too miss both (that takes skill you know ) :lol: :lol:

then a nother pair came straight in 30 yards up and over my left i got the first one allan got the second one :w00t: :w00t: single then came in which allan bagged. as we were ready to call it a night a single duck skimmed over head i could not see it but allan had raidar lock on it and dropped it at about 50 yards out cracking shot buddy btw .so we ended the night with six geese one duck and bloody cold feet :lol: :lol: :lol:

atb andy

post-15459-0-57137200-1322956785.jpg

post-15459-0-06866300-1322956813.jpg

last week i was speaking to verminator69 and he said he had a few hundred geese coming into a pond on his shoot and invited me to shoot it with him too night :drool: .so with a north east wind blowing proper good we arrived at the pond in question at 3.45pm to be greeted by 100+ geese on the grass at the edge of the pond .now the pond has a large grass field on one side and stubble on the other side with and a ditch running along between the grass and the stubble . this was where we were going to sit and shoot as they came up the stubble field over the ditch and into the pond at the back of us .

the geese flew off as we approached the pond and about 10 ducks lifted too we settled in and with in 10 min geese were on the wing and heading straight for us now i have'nt shot many geese probably 10 in total so this got the blood pumping but as 50 or so came over us they were not for playing the game we wanted and would not commit to the pond and were probably two gun shots high :bye2: and they were gone .after five more minutes more came over the stubble three followed by another four the back four peeled off but the three kept coming and i dropped one and allan dropped another .then a single came in over the stubble so low we never seen it till the last minute and allan dropped it first time of asking it then went quite for 15 minutes or so time enough for a fag then a pair came high over head too high but circled round lower this time only for me too miss both (that takes skill you know ) :lol: :lol:

then a nother pair came straight in 30 yards up and over my left i got the first one allan got the second one :w00t: :w00t: single then came in which allan bagged. as we were ready to call it a night a single duck skimmed over head i could not see it but allan had raidar lock on it and dropped it at about 50 yards out cracking shot buddy btw .so we ended the night with six geese one duck and bloody cold feet :lol: :lol: :lol:

atb andy

post-15459-0-57137200-1322956785.jpg

post-15459-0-06866300-1322956813.jpg

nice bag of christmas dinners there m8 well done oh and alot of goose curry in the new year enjoy

• 1 month later...