sonic 2

Hi mate, yes I use them all the time and have done for years.

They don't get in the way like cans, but they are not <quite> as affective (some sound travels round the back of your ear through the bone).

I get on fine with mine, but acouple of my mates find them really uncomfortable, one has given up and gone for the moulded verison and the other one takes in/out all day long - just about the worst thing you cna do in my opinion. If you get some and find them abit uncomfortable, take the vales aout and boil the rubber bits, they go nice and soft and are then much nicer to wera.

I have had mine for at least 10 years and if was to get anything else it would be the electronic moulded in ear jobs, but they are just too expensive at the moment.

I use to to use them all the time, they are effective but I found them uncomfortable after long periods (3-4hours).

I now have a pair of green leopard moulded ones which are excellent.

Cheers

Martin

I use to have the Sonic 2 type, but they felt uncomfortable, as they do seem to extend a long way into the ear.

I have the "made to measure" moulded type and whilst they are not 100% sound proof, they are comfortable and I don't get "gun headaches".

Any of the "bin" type ear protectors I have found much too cumbersome, especially in the woods and fields.

I also hit them when I mount my gun, but that may just be me being awkward. :D

ive got some deben electronic cans ,like you say you keep hitting them, Sunday just gone left the cans in the bag shot 2 rounds then stood talking to some of the other blokes up there, had a dull ear ache for three days after.

make sure i leave the cans on next time :yp:

think i will give them sonic 2 a go cheers boys :D

I too use sonic's and just like cranfield find them to long I have to wiggle them a bit to get them to seal,Thats the plugs not my ears,Once I have them in their not to bad and you don't get that plugged up feeling like you get with say normal plugs.

I too used sonics for a while but at he CLA a couple of years ago i had some moulded one made and never looked back(i had the type with the sonic valve made into them, a bargain at £45 :D )

Good tip , don't be tempted to green or cammo ones, have them made in bright colours so you don't loose them in the field :yp:

I use Sonic II's and find them great for the money. On the plus side you can hear regular conversation, especially useful should the range safety officer call a cease fire, but they still block out most of the gunblast, so much so that I don't even notice, or think about it anymore.

The ear muff type shells got in the way of my gun mount, I was forever clattering them with the rear stock, and foam plugs just block out too much, so for me, the Sonmic II's are ideal.

I have on occassion had to pull them out slightly as if I over insert them they get rather uncomfortable, but once in correctly I can wear them for hours.

For the money you should at least try a pair.

sent for a pair today, give them a try

seen them moulded ones at the shows any body got a clue to the price? didnt like to ask the price when i was there just in case i fell over when they told me :lol:

The normal active ones aren't too bad, but the elctronic ones were about £300!

sent for a pair today, give them a try

seen them moulded ones at the shows any body got a clue to the price? didnt like to ask the price when i was there just in case i fell over when they told me :lol:

The normal active ones aren't too bad, but the elctronic ones were about £300!

nurse, brandy