Quietest PCP?

Davrian

:lol: my aas200 only gives a quiet 'twang' as the hammer hits, the bunnies hardly hear it! (if they do, it's already too late :lol: ) fitted with the original s200 silencer (which i've 'played' with :) ) makes all the difference to the output sound but silencers cannot affect the hammer strike. there is a way to do this (which i've done), but you need to know what you're doing, see if your local gunsmith has the neccessary skills. alternatively, you could cover your pcp with camo which will dampen it a little, but you will still hear it (it may not seem to make a difference to you as your ear is almost next to the hammer, but it does make a little difference at distance). :good:

Hi mate, Iv'e just been to my local gunsmith he quoted me £575 for s200 rifle, silencer & pump I feel thats a bit steep. What do you reckon?

to much :lol::no::no:

:lol: my aas200 only gives a quiet 'twang' as the hammer hits, the bunnies hardly hear it! (if they do, it's already too late :lol: ) fitted with the original s200 silencer (which i've 'played' with :) ) makes all the difference to the output sound but silencers cannot affect the hammer strike. there is a way to do this (which i've done), but you need to know what you're doing, see if your local gunsmith has the neccessary skills. alternatively, you could cover your pcp with camo which will dampen it a little, but you will still hear it (it may not seem to make a difference to you as your ear is almost next to the hammer, but it does make a little difference at distance). :good:

Hi mate, Iv'e just been to my local gunsmith he quoted me £575 for s200 rifle, silencer & pump I feel thats a bit steep. What do you reckon?

to much :lol::no::no:

Do you know any reasonable places on the net I could look at?

Its possible to buy custom hammers and valves etc that are made out of some sort of plastic (I think) which can make the action virtually silent. I've read it recently somewhere but cant think where. I will see if I can find it and if there is a link i'll post it.

I have an S410k which is very quiet,but I think action noise etc is made better or worse depending on how open the area in which you are shooting is.

Leeboy

The good old AA S410 keeps getting mentions, has antone got the B.A.T.S. regulated version?

Snakebite whats been done to your S410?

Does anyone want to sell me a B.A.T.S. S410?

Thanks for all you replys people, keep up the good work. :good:

Nobodys mentioned the Ripley.

I used one about 5 years ago. they are completely dead on firing.

its not until you see the target fall that you realise that that squeeze on the trigger actually did some thing.

But they are expensive :good:

I would seriously have a look at the HW100 i think they are quieter than the AAs.IMO

The good old AA S410 keeps getting mentions, has antone got the B.A.T.S. regulated version?

Snakebite whats been done to your S410?

Does anyone want to sell me a B.A.T.S. S410?

Thanks for all you replys people, keep up the good work. :angry:

My S410 is as nature intended, no fettling involved. The conversion you are talking about is the B.T.A.S. (not being picky, sorry!). This stands for Ben Taylor And Sons. This is the "ben" in "Theoben" who designed the rapid.

The conversion involves the instalation of a regulator which makes each shot the same power. No power curve or fluctuation. As a by product it also makes the gun more efficient which ups the shot count.

It cost £200 to have done and is meant to be VERY good.

Oh this could all be immaterial because I heard a rumour Ben had stopped doing it because he did not have time for anything else. However this may have been resolved.