best teal and widgeon deeks

chris o

Hi pretty much what the topic says. Thought of the nra fuds but not to sure.

Me and me dad just picked up a lot of land that gets good heads of geese teal few widgeon mallard now got me self geese decoys goose calls and a mallard call. Is it worth getting teal and widgeon calls aswell? Thanks for your help all the best for the new year chris.

i would not bother with fud decoys for use on water, not good in the wind and the last time i used fuds on water they sank during a snowy shower. you could look at tidepool.co.uk and there is a guy on the bay called thebillcollector118 who is selling ghg teal and wigeon decoys. i use teal decoys to bulk up my spread as they are small and lighter to carry :good:

Hi pretty much what the topic says. Thought of the nra fuds but not to sure.

Me and me dad just picked up a lot of land that gets good heads of geese teal few widgeon mallard now got me self geese decoys goose calls and a mallard call. Is it worth getting teal and widgeon calls aswell? Thanks for your help all the best for the new year chris.

Fuds are ok for land sillouttes but poor on water and in a flow they are terrible. You can soon get over burdened with stuff, the trick is its use. As for calls there are times to keep quiet and times to blow like crazy but until you learn to blow the right note you might be saying "go away" not "come here" so stay stum to begin with and listen.

Hen GHG wigeon decoys are the way to go, Tidepool was selling them v cheap at the start of summer but the deal is finished now. The cock wigeon are also good but maybe a bit bright IMO, I tend to use just a couple in a spread of hens. The GHG 'hotbuy' mallard decoys were also very good value if they are still available.

Is it worth getting teal and widgeon calls aswell? Thanks for your help all the best for the new year chris.

There are various wigeon calls about, including kettle whistles, however the best teal one I have is a .222 case that you blow over, just like with a bottle, and trill at the same time.