How many squirrels are killed by PW members in 2012

webber

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Caught another one. A young buck. In the next few days I plan to deploy my 4th trap and catches should go up.

Starting to see more birds. Thrushes have been sighted in the wood for the first time in years. Hopefully they'll breed next year.

I'm still catching mostly bucks. I spoke to Red Squirrels Northern England and apparently, a few of their trappers are reporting the same. I'm assuming it has something to do with breeding. RSNE seem to think so.

Edited by Reece

Is there a never-ending supply of these furry beasts? Every time I get one, another appears the next day.

They are destroying her indoors' bird feeders.

She left me note the other morning "Another squirrel in garden. KILL IT!"

Been trying for 3 days now. It just sat there eating when I went to the back door without a gun, but once I got the gun, it was off.

This morning I got the gun FIRST then went to the back door. Not so smug now is it?

I expect there will be another tomorrow.

Total now 1301.

Is there a never-ending supply of these furry beasts? Every time I get one, another appears the next day.

They are destroying her indoors' bird feeders.

She left me note the other morning "Another squirrel in garden. KILL IT!"

Been trying for 3 days now. It just sat there eating when I went to the back door without a gun, but once I got the gun, it was off.

This morning I got the gun FIRST then went to the back door. Not so smug now is it?

I expect there will be another tomorrow.

Total now 1301.

If you remove all the squirrels in an area, others will move in to fill the void, sometimes within weeks. They could have been there all along though. It doesn't usually happen within days.

I caught 20 squirrels at one site once (all of which I posted here). I set the trap there because I saw ONE squirrel.

Anyway, caught another one this morning. A doe this time. I also saw another one near one of my other traps. With a bit of luck, he will get caught as well.

Another doe this evening.

Edited by Reece

Just adding those shot by Bang666.

Count now stands at 1335

webber

You got it a bit wrong there. zab10 added Bang 666's kills. The count is 1321, not 1335.

COUNT STANDS AT 1321

Edited by Reece

One trap was sprung with nothing in it, but there was a squirrel in the tree. Trap was reset. Caught the squirrel minutes later after I checked my other traps.

Another 3 this afternoon. Got a bit wet, but 3 squirrels makes it all worthwhile. That's 4 in 1 day, a new personal record.

Edited by Reece

Haven't had any in a few days, but there was a doe in one of my cage traps today.

Before the year is out, I am hoping to catch the elusive white squirrel that is apparently in the wood. I have yet to see the squirrel, but a friend has seen it a few times.