Joining Sky...

leeds chimp

My BT contract is due to run out end of the month...they want to now charge £27.80 for unlimited calls to the 01/02/0845 numbers and broadband 1 (upto 10meg D/L) ..looked at sky and they do a cheaper deal so looking to change but I object to paying the cost of 0844 numbers to join or any problems...

Has anyone got a local number to contact them???

just a thought........ if you take up sky.....

Have you been refered by a "friend" on here to allow you both to take up the nice referal benefits offered by these companies.......

I have some love film vouchers if anyone is about to take up love film.....

HP

sorry scrap that idea...just did the online chat with an advisor and because we live in the sticks cant get the service offered and have to go for sky connect broadband which is more expensive :oops:

Same here so although I have Sky I use Talk Talk for phone and broadband as it's much cheaper than Sky could do as they didn't have any slots in our local exchange.

I've had some issues with Broadband speed (which dropped to 0.2 mb/s) had a guy out for free today who got it back to 6.5m/bs, call centres in India are annoying because they don't listen or understand and follow a script but if you get passed them to UK guys you're ok.

Ideally I'd go back to Sky (when Exchange is updated) as can then have unlimited download and Sky Anytime + which looks awesome.

I'd happily recommend you to Sky so we both get some M&S vouchers, ;)

FWIW I wouldn't bother with Sky BB, i've had them before, and althought they are cheaper with a package your service will suffer. ie slower speeds and outages.

Must admit I changed back to BT and so far so good.

Steve

Strange how it differs - I own two houses on the same street, 60 yards apart. One has BT Business Broadband, one has Sky Broadband

The BT Business is "up to 10Meg, highest guaranteed up time, best customer service of all providers"

We get 1.5meg MAX, normally considerably less than that. The up time is poor, it regularly drops out despite new cables, routers, sockets. We were without it for 1 whole month at one point, meaning we had to log in to next doors internet if my missus had to do anything for work (she is on-call for work, hence BT Business) for that whole month we dealt with 8 different departments, none of which kept customer notes. over 20 hours were clocked up on the phone. One department told us we even had to go and buy a new router, and then another department told us to take it back to PC world because we didn't need it. My missus ended up claiming 4 days leave back from BT, at £100 a day, 20 hours salary on the phone (£240ish) and over 200 miles travel as she had to go to work due to our broadband not working, 40p a mile, £80.

The Sky broadband is 2Meg max, we get 6Meg all day long and I've never even spoken to customer services.

:lol:

because the lass rings her family up all the time and can be on the phone for ages.

Last month alone she spent 19 hours on the phone

Hasn't she got a mobile?