more pictures

reddeer 40

Went stalking on wednesday for wild boar & fox. I was at night on the highseat waiting for the wild boar as they were regulary visiting our feeders. At first daylight I left the highseat as I was not aspecting boar & decided to give it a try for fox. The farmers started earlier this week with mowing the gras for cattlefeed.

I drove arround in the car, I could use it after a cold night on the highseat. After a while I spotted a fox on freshly mowed grasland. As I had no cover and the distance was 700 meter I decide to drive arround and stalk him from the other side. But when passing a farm I noticed a fox in the field behind it, heading for the wood 200m further. A quick drive and I was on the backside of the wood and runned as fast as I could towards the field. i was lucky, the fox was still in the field and was heading in my direction. The croshair on his chest and nothing! I had bullets in the magazin, but was at night forgotten to put a bullet in the chamber!

As quiet as I could I brought the bullet in the chamber, but the fox heared it and started running towards the wood. I whistled as loud as I could and he stopped, bang and down he went, distance only 50 meters.

Bullet went into the chest and left the other side through the belly. Not a nice view, saw it was a dog fox as he was still peeing! I noticed that the contents of his stumac where spread all over the place, and managed to find 6 mice he eated before. Decided to leave the fox there and take some pictures later and went for the fox I saw first. He was still there but my aproach was not succesful, he noticed me from far and run off. Saw a third fox that morning but the same story, no succes. Anyway it was a nice outing & the weather was great!

First picture is the fox with the farm on the background

Close up of the head

post-791-1149795214.jpg

post-791-1149795356.jpg

Good shooting. :good:

Nice to have a disection without using a knife :mad:

Good photos too Reddeer 40. :yp:

Its great this time of the year when the grass is cut, they stand out against the light back ground of the cut feild really well. :good:

Thanks,

Frank.