Wildfowling

JustJon

I would like to give it a go, i just have never really looked into getting into it and have no idea where to start ?

Google Fenland wildfowlers association. It's a good club (i am a member)and there are always a few spare places for new members - unlike Kings Lynn wildfowlers, where there is a waiting list to join.

Hi. Where do SLWA shoot? I was thinking of joining Spalding Wildfowlers.

This should show you where we shoot http://www.bigwibb.net/slwc/ :good:

although this is not the up to date website.

edited to say this is the up to date link to the site http://slwc.co.uk/

Edited by harrycatcat1

I shoot most lowland game , wildfowl and pest birds yet wildfowling has to be for me the cream of any of the shooting sports. No other shooting sport produces the excitement of dawn creeping up across the muds while unseen there infront of you the geese are calling , waiting for that moment to start flighting , or the contentment of sitting by a quiet pool as the last light drains from the sky and the shaddows of mallard come swinging out of the darkness , or what other sport can match the sight of pounding surf on the sand bars as you wait for the running tide to start the wigeon moving along the tide edge. Wildfowling is not just shooting wildfowl , its the atmosphere of the marshes , the landscape and perhaps most important the weather that makes it such an exciting sport.

It may sound daft , but who looks forward to a days pigeon shooting in thick fog or pheasant shooting in a gale driven rain storm , but these are the very factors that a wildfowler knows will tip the balance of him getting a shot or two in his favour. Bewarned though once infected by the wildfowling bug few ever escape it.

In our sanitised and Health and Safety obsessed society wildfowling represents what is probably the last real adventure one can have with a gun in the U.K.

Although it`s safety record is exemplary, `fowling is the last bastion of self reliance and common sense. Get it wrong and the environment will mercilessly expose your shortcomings.Get it seriously wrong and it will kill you!

`Fowlers are born not made.If you`ve never tried it before,give it a try. What have you got to lose?