ss s410

edd

thinking about a airarms s410, but i would like some advise, what sort of scope to put with them , what pellets you have found best ect. or the whole lot of your kit, or has any one got a link to reasonble priced s410s, many thanks edd

Hi Edd, best place for a good used gun could be any of the forums that run a 'for sale' sections. There will probably be a good selection of .22 and .177.

The scope depends on what type of shooting you are doing.

But most used guns will be sold as a combo anyway.

My 410 likes airarms fields in 4.52, and I'm just trying some JSB exacts, the bullet of choice for our HFT and FT buddies. When I first got it I used accupell, which were also good but not quite up to the AA fields.

Its usually a case of try a few and see what is best. Air Arms pellets are the place to start though.

Regards,

Ian.

cheers for the info, really wanting one jsut weather to buy it or not , i would like a new one, so im thinking more and more lol, erm i would most be doing rabbiting with it , and during the day shoting , so i was thinking IR but not sure

The AAS410 is fantastic. I know because I have one. However try one out. Does it fit nicely on the shoulder? etc There are other guns on the market so do not be blinded!

Pellets to try are the Air Arms Diablo, JSB and accupells. However I cannot get better than the Diablos.

New or second hand? Weigh up the pros and cons.

New you get a guarantee and warranty second hand you don't.

Second hand will cost you a LOT less and you may get the charging equipment thrown in as well for less than the gun on its own new.

It all comes down to budget. Do your home work, find out the various prices and work out what you can afford. Another benefit for going new is that you can buy it all on credit. Not a reccomended choice but an option. A lot of these companies do the never never now.

Pellets to try are the Air Arms Diablo, JSB and accupells. However I cannot get better than the Diablos.

ive an airarms s410k theres a piccie in the pics section rose and walnut stock its well accurate try these pellets found them to be more accurate than accupell at range i shoot beetween 40-50 yards and have took woodys through the neck at this range with them there called hn haendler and natermann field target trophy apparently there what the target lads down here are useing there very well made :good:

:) not used the 410 myself yet, but i gave my mate a few pellets to try in his, he LOVED them! (fairly recent 'bsa interceptor' hollowpoint, around £5 a tin of 500, currently only available in .22 - i'm waiting for .177 :) ) these pellets work well in almost any rifle or pistol & i would highly reccommend them to anyone. great for some of us who want a very reliable, good quality controlled pellet at an affordable price :good:

I don't have an S410 ......... Yet! but I'd agree these pellets are all good, also Daystate FT and Webley Lazadome in my Stealth.

Do any of you notice your grouping move between pellets? I get 1/2" groups every time with Daystate FT and Lazadomes and the rifles zeroed in on the bulls eye at 30 yards (obviously) but if I change to Bisley practice or Gamo Match (flat heads) the group remains a good 1/2" but moves 1 1/2" right and up from bull!

Going to try the flat heads tonight as the bunnies were twitching a bit Wednesday night.

cheers fella's, thanks for the info,

just wondering does any one no any where with good prices for the aa s410 , currently only found them at 400+ :good: is that the normal price or can any one beat it, cheers all

edd you can pick up some good kits second hand, there's lads out there that buy good kit and don't bother to learn there rifle get disheartened and sell up, you ain't gonna go far wrong with an air arms.

bunny bashing and air rifles, is like apple pie and custard they just go together :good: