Tea on my Father

Lord Geordie

Well this morning i got a phone call from my old man asking me to call down to my folks house.

Upon arriving he had a HUGE smile on his chops and asked me if i wanted a few woodies? Well of course i said Yeah i like a bit of pigeon :no:

He passes me a bag with 2 rather nicely dispatched woodies both nice sized one head shot in one eye and out the other (bit of a mess and gorey) and a nice clean neck shot too :good:

This is the FIRST time he has used an air rifle in over 25 years and to be honest the rifle isn't a top notch one either

Pigeon for me tonight then :/

LG

I heard a nice story a while back.

A bloke at work was talking about his dad. He escaped the Germans in WW2 and came to England to fight for us (He was Polish). In the army he was an excellent shot and used to set the sights up on the units rifles. Anyway the old boy is getting on a bit but despite this he got hold of an air rifle to get rid of the squirrels on his land. The bloke at work was a bit concerned and voiced his worries. His dad who is very softly spoken and a wonderful old chap walked down the path put a 2p coin on the door of a shed, walked back to where his son was standing. Cocked the rifle, loaded, aimed and fired. Dink, and the 2p flies off.

87 years old, 30 yd shot first time hit.

And it had iron sights!

Needless to say he now has no squirrells.

well done your old man, old shooters never die, ask hawkeye.

Have respect for your elders ! :good::no:

I've just realised Mikes 20 years older than me :yes::P:P

Still not to old to sort you young pup's out so watch it scotty :D:D:/ B) :/:P

hi Tam.

not seen him lurking about , whats he up too.

been to busy shooting the black stuff............ :D:D:D:D B) :D:D:/ B)

Never think us young guns are the best shots ,the shooters who came before us have done it all before.

When i was a kid my dad was pals with an old gamekeeper,who at 19 in 1941, was a expert deer stalker.

When the army realized his skill he was sent out as a sniper on special ops,he was allowed to pick the gun of

his choice, and although he never spoke much of the war,at his funeral one of his colleagues said he had at least 20 kills.