Reloading advice please

can someone give me advice on whether to tumble my cases then resize, or resize then tumble???? thought there might be potential for some damage in the tumbler, new to this so can anyone guide me if they are experienced reloaders please,also was thinking of blowing cases out with compresed air to rid the cases of particles of media that may be left behind is this the normal procedure? any tips would be great, finally what do you guys use as media?

thanks in advance for your replies :good:

I resize etc. then clean them.

Don`t know if you have gone down the route of tumbler, because if you haven`t have a look at using a sonic cleaner, no mess and fuss with media, just a smell of vinegar and a buzzing noise and shiny cases.

Lidl or Aldi are doing them for £20 at the mo.

Edited by henry d

ultrasonic cleaning is a good way of getting your cases to look like new and if you knock out the primer with the resizing die then resize before cleaning then you will clean primer pocket. I have a seperate decapping die and knock out the primer before resizing so I am resizing clean brass. Dont know if it really makes alot of differance but I like to do it this way and also keeps dies clean. I use birchwood casey case cleaner in my ultrasonic and it works a treat. The main thing is whatever your system is do in consistantly, this is the key to accurate reloading.

This is my method for the .308

1. Citric Acid Wash, Bicarbonate of Soda Wash, Clean Water Rinse and Dry

2. RCBS Spray Lube, De-Prime and Full Length Size, Trim to Length

3. Clean Primer Pockets, Birchwood Casey Wash

4. Clean Water Rinse

5. Dry & Tumble Polish 30mins

6. Check Case Condition, RCBS Hand Prime then load

All this will change in May as I'm planning to bring a Stainless Steel cleaning kit back from the US

http://www.stainlesstumblingmedia.com/

Edited by phaedra1106

De cap with a universal decapping die. This helps to keep the crud out of your sizing die.

Clean in US cleaner with your product of choice (I use a teaspoon of citric in the water), rinse and dry in the oven.

Neck size only which requires no lube.

If I have to full length size I do that at step one then US clean to remove all lube etc.

All now ready for prime and load.