Browning 725 Sporter S1 - Release date anyone?

Davva

I have been waiting what seems like my entire life for a new gun, finally decided on a Browning 525 Sporter 30" Multi, just be be told that the 725 range was coming out mid-Jan. We have now passed mid-Jan and my dealer told me the gun would arrive mid-Feb.

The Browning 725 Sporter S1 apparently has 2.5 Graded wood as standard, but I am also struggling to get a match-up for this with other manufacturers, obviously, there are a lot of competitively priced Brownin....sorry Miroku 38/70's out these with super 3-5 wood.

Does anyone know of a dealer anywhere that has a 725? or a review online somewhere? I cannot find any decent info on them yet, even Browning's .com has limited info. Would be nice to have compare options (although I have placed a deposit on the 725 as they are only getting 5 for stock and 1 is sold already)

Any help would be good, especially from 525 Sporter owners.

Cheers,

Dave.

post-53416-0-02913000-1326797332.jpg

Edited by Davva

NOt seen it in the flesh but seen the review here: http://www.claysports.tv/index.php I think the orange looks awful much prefer the gamescenes on my 525! the 725 looks and probably is the B4stard child of the B25 and the Cynergy......

It looks more like a Beretta!

Non of the new beretta's look as bad as this lol

Edited by jmoz82

It's rrp is a few pounds under £1900 - I was offered 7.5% off to pre-order.

I really liked the Fabarm Axis Sporter (Yes, I like unusual looks) but lost my bottle....... Torn to be honest, guess will just have to wait and see how it is in the hand.

Supposed to be a more balanced, easier gun to use than the 525.

Been talking to A Branthwaites about this gun, they are out beginning of Feb and they reckon they will get their first batch in the end of next week. The RRP is £1895 for the sporter but they reckon they will retail it about £100 - £150 below that, if that helps.

Still considering my options at the moment, shame I can't test shoot them all :-)

Well I'm pleased loads of you guys don't like the look of it makes it all the more exclusive to me, just a bit more interested in the handling/feel/shooting, but I guess we'll have to wait for that........

Would be counting down the days. Unfortunately, I cannot start the count as I don't know when it's due... :hmm:

interseting post davva , welcome to p.w , I am a 425 30 inch sporter owner , and I have been looking for a newer option this looks superb and I will keep my 425! Interesting that hdav likes the cnynergy I am interested to know what it has that you like in this gun as its another competitor to this new 725 , cheers remy 700

Edited by remy 700

You can, or should be able to!

I know the Cynergy is a bit marmite but i would seriously look at one of those

I think I did look at one in the shop but didn't catch the price on it. I hadn't thought to ask about trying them to be honest as I presumed it probably isn't an option. One of the lads in AB's did say he has ordered one for himself which he would let me have a go of at a clay ground if arranged which I thought was a nice offer.

I will have another look at the Cynergy though, thanks.

Cynergy is a new design a big departure from the the B25 design. The cynergy has alot of new features such as the hogs back comb, inflex recoil pad and is more adjustable than a standard stock ( note there are some cynergy models mainly trap with a standard stock) I tried a black ice which was stunning in the shop but disappointing when I shot it.... So you do need to actually shoot it!

Edited by HDAV

Beats me why anyone would want a 725! Each succesive Browning range has been a poorer,more cheaply made version of the previous model.

Can`t see these being any different !

As the owner of two 325s I can't help but agree - at least from what I can see of their successors, with the exception of the Ultras, which are stronger in the action and at last have both ribs vented (like the old Winchesters) to even up the weight. I particularly don't like the chequering design on the grip of the 525s and that on the 725 looks even worse.