.17 Remington Groups

With the lack of snow and the Goose season closed I have been amusing myself by accurising an old rifle. After adjusting the trigger and floating the tube I employed a little shoe polish and epoxy to get a better fit between the stock and action. A thorough barrel cleaning and some time spent at the loading bench with Nagel 30s and VVN540 yielded the groups below. Velocity should be around 3900 fps. but I haven't chrono'd yet.post-43996-0-49333900-1327199713.jpg

With the lack of snow and the Goose season closed I have been amusing myself by accurising an old rifle. After adjusting the trigger and floating the tube I employed a little shoe polish and epoxy to get a better fit between the stock and action. A thorough barrel cleaning and some time spent at the loading bench with Nagel 30s and VVN540 yielded the groups below. Velocity should be around 3900 fps. but I haven't chrono'd yet.post-43996-0-49333900-1327199713.jpg

sweeeet :D

Bloody hell Tim running coyote. I get a job to hit a sitting fox. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Terry I have associates that shoot them running at 300-400 yds. and then put the gun away like it was no big deal!! If I kill one running at 200yds. they almost have to tie me up to get me to calm down!!!! Seriously they ARE the same size running or standing, they just seem smaller when moving.

:good: good stuff

Thanks MIA it does give me faith in what Remingtons used to be.

Nice :good:

A freind of mine years ago now used a 17Rem, he pulled some fantastic shots off with it. That made ragged bug holes for groups too, he used BL-C2 and Hornady 25grn ers.

I like the cartridge and always felt it was unfairly mocked.

Best wishes.

Underdog.

Thanks U D I thoroughly enjoy shooting the .17s and they last well if you just hunt them and stay off the bench as they are a little too warm for high volume shooting.