Another one bites the dust

JohnGalway

:oops: Well done indeed John. :D:good:

Funny how we were talking about it too earlier. :good:

Looking farward to tommorow on the range John, should be a good day and some crack, we will post pics of our fun day out and our deadly accurate groups :drool::good::sick: , im sure. . :good:

Frank.

:lol: Well done indeed John. :good::good:

Funny how we were talking about it too earlier. :oops:

Looking farward to tommorow on the range John, should be a good day and some crack, we will post pics of our fun day out and our deadly accurate groups :drool::sick::yes: , im sure. . :oops:

Frank.

Frank talks about foxes and they just appear :lol: Was watching the weather after the news, could be wet tomorrow :good: But hopefully it'll hold off for long enough! :lol: @ deadly accurate groups, I'll be happy as long as I get on the board :good:

So do i :lol: Hopefully the rain will hold off :D , it said it will only be a little drizell, mainly around the coasts, so we might get away with it.

Frank

Havent had much luck with my fox snares as yet, spose the best time will be when my poults come in in august should get a few that prowl around the pens, hopefully not too late!

How do you anchor yours down? i use an old ww1 barbed wire fence post that screws into the ground hopefully it will be sufficient.

Alex

Havent had much luck with my fox snares as yet, spose the best time will be when my poults come in in august should get a few that prowl around the pens, hopefully not too late!

How do you anchor yours down? i use an old ww1 barbed wire fence post that screws into the ground hopefully it will be sufficient.

Alex

Here are some usefull links Alex:

http://www.basc.org.uk/content/foxsnarepractice

http://www.thehuntinglife.com/html/section...foxsnaring.html

Frank. :drool:

Hi john, having bought a fair few snares, and obviously as you know they don't last long, obviously for preventing a damage a fox can do they're cheap- but better if cheaper still :drool: . Can you tell me where you get this wire from.

As for snares, I attach mine to a drag (usually a big log) or straight to fence wire. when under fence the bottom of the snare should be about an 1/2inch above ground. When on a run it should be about as far as from the tip of your little finger to the tip of your thumb (when spread as far as possible). The other thing with snares is to leave them, best not to walk right up to them every day unless knocked, use a quad or binos to do your checks.