FAC arrived today so I went shopping.....

Thedeerman

:lol: :lol: Not married then. :good: Or you got a good wife if i bought 3 new guns she'd knock my block off. :lol: :lol: :lol:

On a serious note let me know what grouping you get on the Tbolt at 100y, seen and handled them,but not shot one. :hmm: Thanks

aint herd that for years terry :lol: :lol: :lol: knock your block off. lol

that's some good shopping trip mate i bet that felt wicked :good: lovin the 17

May I ask if the hornet was brand new and if so what sort of money was it ?

The hornet rifle was the only thing that isnt new. It was £265 from Apex firearms in Scotchland.

Everything else came from Nigel Simpson in Shepshed. A brilliant guy, did me a great deal. Go and see him!!

The hornet rifle was the only thing that isnt new. It was £265 from Apex firearms in Scotchland.

Everything else came from Nigel Simpson in Shepshed. A brilliant guy, did me a great deal. Go and see him!!

well done on the hornet. from the pic, it looks imaculate.

The 527 is a great rifle, I have the Varmint edition in .223

I take it the rifle was £265 without scope, rings and mod?

I'd be very jelous if you got the full kit at that price.

I was looking at the Browning T-Bolt Varmint a while ago, went

with the CZ instead, you'll have to let us know how you get

on with it in the field.

The hornet came with rings, but the scope and mod are new.

The T-bolt is a right hander.

I've booked the 100 yard range at Garlands shooting ground for 4 hours tommorrow, then will be out after my first fox on Friday night. There are plenty about.

Will be doing some reloading this weekend.

Keep you all posted.

The hornet came with rings, but the scope and mod are new.

The T-bolt is a right hander.

I've booked the 100 yard range at Garlands shooting ground for 4 hours tommorrow, then will be out after my first fox on Friday night. There are plenty about.

Will be doing some reloading this weekend.

Keep you all posted.

Sorry my bad. thought bolt was on the other side.

Well, went to zero my rifles today at the range.

I started with the HMR and boy did I struggle. The grouping was awful! I thought it may settle in after a few groups but ended up shooting 50 rounds and at best I got about 2” group at 100 yards. I’ve bought some different bullets and am going to try again tomorrow. I was shooting Winchester supreme 17g today and have Hornaday 17g and CCI 20g to try tomorrow.

I was hoping for better results with the CZ hornet. At first the scope was wildly off, but soon got this grouping at about 1 ½ “ at 100 yards but couldn’t seem to improve on this. After about 7 groups of 5 I was still getting about the same. I was using 45 grain priv partisan, and I think they are a bit too heavy for the rifle. I convinced myself that it wasn’t too bad, and put the guns away and went for a brew and a break. When I came back, I couldn’t hit a barn door. I was getting more and more peed off as time went by and was messing about with the scope convinced I must have knocked it or I’d broken the rifle or something. I ended up putting all my bullets through it and wanting to throw the thing down the range because it wouldn’t group. Then I noticed the mod had come loose! AAAAARRRRRHHHHHH!!!!!!!

So now I either have to be patient and wait for my reloading gear to come in the post so I can load some 35 grain V-max bullets, or go and buy some more 45’s so I can go and re zero and go foxing tomorrow.

On a better note, the CZ 22 LR was zero’d in two mins at 70 yards, and was getting 1/2 “ groups using Lapua subs.