learner on a 125cc

dazz

is that all i need to do after that can i ride a 125cc for two years before taking my test.could i take the cbt on my bike and is it straight forward.

darran

is that all i need to do after that can i ride a 125cc for two years before taking my test.could i take the cbt on my bike and is it straight forward.

darran

If you do the CBT you can ride the 125 with L plates on if you don't pass your Restricted Access or Direct Access within 2 years you have to do the CBT again. The Motorcycle Provisional Entitlement is nearly always put on your licence anyway, but do check.

darran

darran

yep you can do it on your bike, but you have to transport it to the centre, you can`t ride it there. yes it`s valid for 2 years then you either lose it or do your first part of you main bike test.

very straight forward, things like low speed maneuvers, gear changing and emergency stops which if done wrong will wish you never did it.

you should have full moped entiltalment which means upto 50cc & 30mph (just go get twist and go No L plates) but you will most likley also have a provisional motorcycle upto 125cc but to ride it you WILL HAVE to take cbt, lasts 2yrs retake cbt or do full test.

info from me as of passing full car test in '93, had to do cbt for 125 then took full bike in '08, before the change to full test thank god :good:

Is it the XT125X ??

I have one of these its a great little bike...

no mate its a tw trials bike on a 57 plate.

You wouldn't go wrong with a Yamaha DT 125.

Probably the best trail bike available.

would love mate but its finding one.my budget is only £1000

To ride a 125 on the road you will need bike provisional on your licence and to complete your CBT. You will then need to display 'L' plates.

The CBT is not a test, more a day of training to see that you can basically ride safely on the road. I would advise getting lessons and passing your test as soon as you possibly can. You'll be very vunarable on a slow bike with 'L' plates, other vehicles will cut you no slack and probably treat you worse due to the 'L' plates. Passed my test in 2001 and never looked back.

Just remember every other road user and diesel spill is out to kill you and observation is everything, you'll develope a sixth sense when a cager is going to pull out on you.

Did I remember to say it was good fun!!

My retro '94 Honda NSR 125 2 smoker......bought to remind me of my biking youth. It's a lovely little toy for when the commuter bores me.....oh the noise and the smell.....plus 100Mph indicated.

URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/69/dscf6018v.jpg/]dscf6018v.jpg[/url]

My commuter

dscf6080.jpg

Edited by Livefast123

To ride a 125 on the road you will need bike provisional on your licence and to complete your CBT. You will then need to display 'L' plates.

The CBT is not a test, more a day of training to see that you can basically ride safely on the road. I would advise getting lessons and passing your test as soon as you possibly can. You'll be very vunarable on a slow bike with 'L' plates, other vehicles will cut you no slack and probably treat you worse due to the 'L' plates. Passed my test in 2001 and never looked back.

Just remember every other road user and diesel spill is out to kill you and observation is everything, you'll develope a sixth sense when a cager is going to pull out on you.

Did I remember to say it was good fun!!

My retro '94 Honda NSR 125 2 smoker......bought to remind me of my biking youth. It's a lovely little toy for when the commuter bores me.....oh the noise and the smell.....plus 100Mph indicated.

URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/69/dscf6018v.jpg/]dscf6018v.jpg[/url]

i want(need) it.

My commuter

dscf6080.jpg

you should have full moped entiltalment which means upto 50cc & 30mph (just go get twist and go No L plates) but you will most likley also have a provisional motorcycle upto 125cc but to ride it you WILL HAVE to take cbt, lasts 2yrs retake cbt or do full test.

info from me as of passing full car test in '93, had to do cbt for 125 then took full bike in '08, before the change to full test thank god :good:

the granddad rights only apply to license holders earlier than i think 1990 and it only applies to 50cc auto mopeds :good:

me i have a full license and i have a fz6 :good: originally you had yr cbt for 2years if you did not pass the full test you lost the provisional bike entitlement for 2 years.

cbt is not a test

c= compulsory

b= basic

t= training

near on imposable to fail unless you have no road séance then if thats the case you need assisting to walk down the street or a uni student :lol::lol:

Edited by fruitloop

You can get a free riding session here to see if you get on with it, well worth it - http://www.geton.co.uk/content/whats-it-all-about The licence scheme is changing in 2013 to make it much more difficult to ride bigger bikes so I'd be getting on with it now if you want to ride bigger bikes.

Personally I grew up when the 2 stroke was king and I love them, feed them fully synthetic 2 stroke and don't rag them when cold and you'll never had a problem with them. I did a full top end rebuild on my NSR when I bought it and it cost me under £50 for everything.

4 stroke 125's are great for just poodling about and the TW has plenty of retro cool about it. The engines are generally bullet proof but just check that the oil has been changed reguarly, they only hold about a litre of oil so an owner that doesn't check or change it can have dire concequences. Personally I would change it every 1000 miles on a 125, a litre of 10w40 supermarket semi will only cost you around 3 quid and it's the best way to keep your engine healthy.

Before you hand money over, check the state of the chain, exhaust, tyres and that all the eletrics work and I would HPI it as 125's get stolen all the time. Bike parts can be stupidly expensive for what they are.

Edited by Livefast123

You can get a free riding session here to see if you get on with it, well worth it - http://www.geton.co.uk/content/whats-it-all-about The licence scheme is changing in 2013 to make it much more difficult to ride bigger bikes so I'd be getting on with it now if you want to ride bigger bikes.

Personally I grew up when the 2 stroke was king and I love them, feed them fully synthetic 2 stroke and don't rag them when cold and you'll never had a problem with them. I did a full top end rebuild on my NSR when I bought it and it cost me under £50 for everything.

4 stroke 125's are great for just poodling about and the TW has plenty of retro cool about it. The engines are generally bullet proof but just check that the oil has been changed reguarly, they only hold about a litre of oil so an owner that doesn't check or change it can have dire concequences. Personally I would change it every 1000 miles on a 125, a litre of 10w40 supermarket semi will only cost you around 3 quid and it's the best way to keep your engine healthy.

Before you hand money over, check the state of the chain, exhaust, tyres and that all the eletrics work and I would HPI it as 125's get stolen all the time. Bike parts can be stupidly expensive for what they are.

thanks for the advice mate.very helpfull

hi.just had a look at the paper part of my car lic and on the provisional entitlement part i can drive /ride vechiles in category

a-19/12/87 to 02/07 40

gh-19/12/87 to 02/07/40.

does this mean i dont have to apply for a provisional lic to ride a 125cc bike.as i or ready have it.

cheers darran

Edited by dazz