well heres my new permission

SPARKIE

no i can insiste hes dead here he is on the right . :good::):) ive just had my first lesson in breasting pigeon i aint done too bad either gonna have them for tea now :lol: will be first time ive had pigeon usually the odd pigeon i get goes to my m8s ferrets but i only gave him 1 last night and it seems a shame to waste them so im havin them.

DSC00216.JPG

u only cook it for 1 min, how the hell is it fit to eat if u only cook for 1 min

you can tell you aint had 1 in ya hand the breasts are that small ya can get them stuck in between ya teeth :/ red hot frying pan cooks them if ya give it 1min 30 secs its tough so a mins enough

nice, sounds really good.

will give it a go the next wood pigeon i get :unsure:

yer try it m8 its well nice got the chips and sauce from the local chinese takeaway

Keep up the good work sparkie! Also nice to see a man who eats his kills! :blink:

dont really want to waste them so i learnt how to breast them and cook them lastnight. :yes:

i have never eaten pigeon, is it nice. i have watched a dvd i have where fred carter shows you how to get the breasts of them. i really want to try it. at the moment as im new to the sport, i am practising to get good enough to hunt.

cheers james

Pigeon is very nice, it is a very underated meat, which rifle would you use to hunt with? have you got any pics of your groupings with your chosen hunting rifle? also before you hunt you will need to have your chosen rifle chronoed, if it is under 10ftlbs you will need a new spring or get in very close range! (by close range i mean within 20 yards)

Pigeon is very nice, it is a very underated meat, which rifle would you use to hunt with? have you got any pics of your groupings with your chosen hunting rifle? also before you hunt you will need to have your chosen rifle chronoed, if it is under 10ftlbs you will need a new spring or get in very close range! (by close range i mean within 20 yards)

hi beatingis best, i am not using the rifles i have at the moment to hunt. i am hopefully getting an aas200, hope that answers your question

went out again tonight only took my 410 with me cause i wanted to just check whats behind boundriesand have a look for some rabbits found a brook running down the bottom of the field i didnt know was there with a few holes in the sides looks like rabbitsdidnt see any tho cause the grass is about 2 foot down there.got there and scared of around 300 pigeons they went all directions had a few shots at the pigeons but missed so went back to the oak tree in the middle of the fields hada couple of birds fly at me but it was very very windyand starting to rain so i called it a day .will be down again at the weekend. :good:

iv got told the other day if you boil the breasts in water there are not as strong and you can eat far more than say 6 before it give you the sh*ts :yes::good:

Been eatin' Woodpigeon for over 30 years and they've never given me the ****s yet. In fact it's very healthy meat very low in cholesterol and fat. If you like rare steak you'll love woody. :rolleyes:

P03