eley olympic carts

yes i use eley olympics mate, havnt used first's...im buying some of those new hull superfast's on thursday..

olympic fps is 1400

first is fps 1350

and new ones supposed to be 1500

forgot to say. the olympics are a very clean cartridge and where im from all the trap shooters (dtl,abt) use them here

Edited by OvEr_KiLL

I haven't shot a lot of Firsts, but Olympics are very impressive.

Not much you can't hit with them, including silly range stuff :good:

Don't get hung up on whether a cartridge is clean or not, doesn't matter at all <_<

i know mate, i was just saying that they are very clean ;) yeh there great cartridges. only reason im buying the hulls is because they are cheap and no where round here sells olympics

yes i use eley olympics mate, havnt used first's...im buying some of those new hull superfast's on thursday..

olympic fps is 1400

first is fps 1350

and new ones supposed to be 1500

forgot to say. the olympics are a very clean cartridge and where im from all the trap shooters (dtl,abt) use them here

i know mate, i was just saying that they are very clean ;) yeh there great cartridges. only reason im buying the hulls is because they are cheap and no where round here sells olympics

Aren't those two I've highlighted a contradiction?

i travel 40mins to where i shoot trap and most of the other trap shooters arnt from my area..the 2 shops near me dont sell eley olympics, without having to travel 1h .. i have got them because somone at the clay ground got me a 1000 which i bought off them

Edited by OvEr_KiLL

Olympics are good carts only issue is no fibre wads for those that need them and no 21g for those that prefer light loads longer case so better for some autos 70mm IIRC. Strange they dont do 24g load as thats required for OLympic disciplines these days? Most OT shooters I know shoot VIP 24g

I've just moved from Firsts to Olympics and both are perfectly fine, haven't had a misfire in either yet and both cycle flawlessly in my Maxus. Since the move I'm averaging 2 higher in my scores, is it a better pattern from the Olympics or have I just got a bit better? We'll probably never know.

As noted, the only real difference I've noticed is that the Olympic is a much cleaner shell and thats the only reason I'm sticking with them over Firsts. As a semi-auto user, anything that leaves less residue is a bonus for me :)

I haven't shot a lot of Olympics but i know plenty who have, who's opinions i trust, and they all seem to rate them very highly.

I have however shot a fair amount of Eley Firsts and am very impressed by their perfromance - especially as i was die-hard Eley Superb shooter!