What rimfire set up do u use???

Deano87

Just out of interest mate, who found this gun for you? I am sure there was an agreement to always acknowledge the good graces of the person who found this bargain for you!

Sako finnfire hunter (courtesy of Katzenjammer) :)

I run a Brno Mod 2 with a Hawke Panorama 3-9x40 scope - previously had a simmons 1.5-5x20 on it. Sak mod, harris bipod or IQ 195v tripod.

Yes Steve you can have the credit for finding me this fantastic rifle :rolleyes: . You'll never let me forget that one mate :P . And we know had it been a lefty you would have bought her, but she's not, she's a dedicated right hander so no earthly good to you :lol:

ATB,

Pat

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a cz american 20" .22lr,scirroco mod and 3-9x50 bushnell & banner dusk till dawn with a deben max tracer lamp,using eley sub sonics and a buffalo sling with a 10 shot mag :good:

Scratched the stock on its first time out from new :blink: and have had the barrel floated.

I have a cz .223,so i need a .17hmr to complete my permitted list :lol:

On a rimfire none whatsoever, 14" is considered the optimum, the debate goes on but the common thinking is after that the powder is all burnt so any additional barrel length actually reduces velocity

Mine was accurate before at 21" and is even more accurate now, it will shoot into 5-10mm or so at 50 yards all day long (provided the person behind it does their bit)

Longer barrels are used on centrefires to allow increased powder burning time or on target rifles to mount open sights further apart, neither is relevant on a rimfire hunting rifle.

Is 14" the absolute minimum then or is there a little room for if they bodge it the first time?

At the minute mines 19.5" i measured it at, what ever the varmint is as standard. its very accurate but on the downside when its got the bipod on its also got a bit of weight to it, the length its self isn't too much of an issue for me as shoot on foot not from a vehicle but i do think short barrels look better.

I might plan a trip to go and have it done at rimfiremagic at some point in the future.

Yours really does look good, all that work's paid off

Mate.

Atb Gary

Weihrauch HW60J in .22LR barrel is (I think) 18". Simmons Whitetail Classic 3.5-12 x 40 scope and Sak mod. Shoots ragged holes all day long with Eley subs.

CZ452 varmint 16" in .17 HMR with a SYSS trigger kit and a MTC Mamba Lite variable scope (4-16 x 44 I think) and a swift precision mod. Like a bloody laser out to 150 yards with any 17 grain ammo.

Edited by Blunderbuss

CZ 16" silhouette with a sak mod and a 4-12x50 Hawke scope and Winchester Subsonics

:shaun:

cz 452 22lr 16" barrel in varmint with sak mod guntuff scope 8x32x50 30mm tube, also the 455 cz thumbhole in .17hmr varmint sak mod mamba 6x24x50 30mm tube both i use pulsar night vision on, to devastateing effect :D

Is 14" the absolute minimum then or is there a little room for if they bodge it the first time?

I wanted it cut down down to 16" but was talked into 14" by the riflesmith.

There was no question of it being bodged as I only use the best 'smiths, I would suggest you do the same.

12" is the minimum BTW.

I wanted it cut down down to 16" but was talked into 14" by the riflesmith.

There was no question of it being bodged as I only use the best 'smiths, I would suggest you do the same.

12" is the minimum BTW.

Hi

bodge maybe wasn't the best choice of word, i meant was there any room for error mate, i would only use a reputable smith. I think i'll definitely go for 14" can you use hv's with that length with them having a bit more powder would it still all get burnt up?