Extended warranty

Boristhedog

I've a 56 plate Suzuki Grand Vitara, bought last October from a dealer. The car has about 39000 on the clock and is a 1.9 diesel. Annual mileage will be about 12,000.

I was given a 6 month warranty with the purchase and have been offered a further 12 month warranty for £650.

A quick Google search indicates a 'best buy' from a dedicated extended warranty search comparison site could be as little as £250 for 12 months. The devil is likely to be in the detail but I wondered whether anyone on PW had any recommendations, or ones to avoid.

Many thanks.

i'm being lazy - but this was my response to this q on another thread:

'its with warrantywise ; www.warrantywise.co.uk.

the garage hated them - but only because they were on the ball with parts costs; didnt have an issue with the labour rate, or standard hours for the job.

i have had the warranty under a year and they have paid out over £1800. even if i dont have another thing go wrong with the car - its been worth it.

it is a nightmare searching online - because all of the warranty companies seem to have nightmare storys - I chose warrantywise because they had the least; and my experience with them has been positive. '

this might help you a little im with the aa (break down cover) had a phone call off them last month asking for £6 amonth to have my repair costs covered up to the first £500 on my 51 ford fiesta for any repair if they recover it up to 5 times ayear only condition i pay the first £35 didnt think it was to bad as my car is about dead lol :good:

Edited by northeastshooter

most warranty cover you will need to prove the car service history is up to date or they dont pay out always read the small print :no::no: AA load of **** READ THE SMALL PRINT

My Disco was "covered2 by AA waranty. I paid out well over £1,000 during the waranty period. Absolutely nothing seemed to be covered. Was very disappointed and certainly would not pay for an AA waranty again. :hmm:

When I was looking Warranty Wise were the only one who didn't have an exclusion for off-road use. They weren't the cheapest but seemed to have the best cover for a 4x4.

As everyone says, check the small-print carefully. Any decent provider should let you download a full copy of the policy to look through before buying. :good:

I've a 56 plate Suzuki Grand Vitara, bought last October from a dealer. The car has about 39000 on the clock and is a 1.9 diesel. Annual mileage will be about 12,000.

I was given a 6 month warranty with the purchase and have been offered a further 12 month warranty for £650.

A quick Google search indicates a 'best buy' from a dedicated extended warranty search comparison site could be as little as £250 for 12 months. The devil is likely to be in the detail but I wondered whether anyone on PW had any recommendations, or ones to avoid.

Many thanks.

Warrenty direct, you can pick level of cover , turbo's ext, useded them in the past & had hassle free service, even supply curtesy car.As long as you look after your car and get it maintained doesnt have to be at dealer they will cover.Tip is keep it serviced and the book stamped,