410 pistol

washerboy

Not section 5 they are section 1 I have had one for vermin control ever since they too proper pistols of us

some forces are very reluctant to allow these but just stick to your guns :lol: :lol: and ask

Deershooter

But a section 1 shotgun has to have a full stock since they changed it a few years back. Section 1 shotguns without a full stock went to section 5 (in other words banned), so everybody had to buy plastic stocks for them* . How did you get round that? Its the same with Long barrelled pistol, they must have a "stock"

even though its just a bar of metal to count as section 1 and it has to be factory fitted, whatever that means? it can't be retro fitted.

The interpretation is whether they are a short barrelled shotgun or a smoothbore pistol. Round here they would be a pistol and I'm sure you wouldn't get one on section 1. I do know of one that had to be handed in when the pistol ban came into force, and I know he argued to keep it as a section 1 shotgun but they wouldn't let him (and that was before the stock issues came up)

* which is pathetic because on a pump or semi auto shot gun the stock is only held on with one bolt. So if you were going out to rob a bank or murder someone, ten minutes to change stocks maximum.

Edited by Vince Green

If you read the police Firearms guidance:

Section 4 of the 1997 Act allows the

possession and use of shot pistols in calibres

.410 and 9mm rimfire, provided that such a

pistol is “subject to a condition that it is only

for use in connection with the shooting of

vermin” (see Appendix 3 for the exact

wording of the condition which covers these

circumstances). This exemption was intended

mainly for pest controllers who may need to

use a firearm of this kind in farm buildings,

farmyards and similar areas where use of

a conventional shot gun would be

inappropriate, for example fruit cages

or near release pens.

Deershooter

The name is a Serina I only had to pay £50 but try and get one now they ate like rocking horse ****, you will pay £500 for a good one when I Googled it I could only find one and that had a 24 inch barrel and was from an ad from the 1960s

and yes with 3 inch shells it kicks like a mule first time I shot it it ended up behind me :o :o

Deershooter

not sure were the old guy got it from, it was in his landrover glove box for yrs.

more like a sawn off 410 :no: ...but 20 yrs ago or more old farmers didnt care

Since when did landrovers have a glove box? I thought it was just a shelf!

http://www.fourten.org.uk/nostalgia1.html

few more here: http://www.fourten.org.uk/guns1.html#pistols none of them are very pretty!

Edited by HDAV

Deershooter

They are actually S5 but as I said can be acquired on a sutably conditioned fac without the need for authority from the Secretary of State.

Shot pistols used for shooting vermin(1)

The authority of the Secretary of State is not required by virtue of subsection (1)(aba) of section 5 of the 1968 Act for a person to have in his possession, or to purchase or acquire, or to sell or transfer, a shot pistol if he is authorised by a firearm certificate to have the shot pistol in his possession, or to purchase or acquire it, subject to a condition that it is only for use in connection with the shooting of vermin.

(2)For the purposes of this section, “shot pistol” means a smooth-bored gun which is chambered for .410 cartridges or 9mm rim-fire cartridges