The Black Eley cartridge

I was out shooting pigeons the other day, and opened up the last box of 25 Eley cartridges from a box of 250, and low and behold in amongst the red cartridges, was a single black cartridge. This looked really odd, and obviously curiosity has got the better of me.

It was printed with exactly the same wording etc on the plastic, but its very hard to see, because its black on black.

You would think that this wouldn't get through quality control, anyway I sent Eley an email, and await the reply.

Here's the picture.

021.jpg

I think you must have won a competition!

I had bad batch of Eley HB pigeon. Opening the outer case and there was lead shot all over. I wrote a letter to Eley and sent them pictures. There were at least three boxes where the crimp had failed.I heard nothing. My RDF was away and I didn't want to make a fuss. Anyway, to cut a long story very short the slab was replaced with some Hull cartridges. I know what I think of Eley after sales service.

More likely you mate slipped a black one in there when you were drinking a coffee. :D

Edited by Whitebridges

I have just received a reply from Eley about the cartridge. I've got to say I was impressed with how quick they've responded.

Unfortunately there is no prize or reward for me. :lol:

They say it must have happened on a production line change over, and accidently slipped through the net.

They then apologised for any inconvenience caused.

Which obviously there wasn't.

I think you must have won a competition!

I had bad batch of Eley HB pigeon. Opening the outer case and there was lead shot all over. I wrote a letter to Eley and sent them pictures. There were at least three boxes where the crimp had failed.I heard nothing. My RDF was away and I didn't want to make a fuss. Anyway, to cut a long story very short the slab was replaced with some Hull cartridges. I know what I think of Eley after sales service.

More likely you mate slipped a black one in there when you were drinking a coffee. :D

to of my eley firsts had no shot in last week as the crimps had failed :hmm:

Edited by s.wray