worth while afternoon

cocker3

went out on saturday afternoon for a look to se if there were any pigeons about as the most seem to have moved out our area .after looking at all the fields i shoot the signs were not good only a few pigeons on each field as i was leaving one field i could see a strong flight line heading off to a rape field thats not mine so i headed over to have a look anyway .

on arrival there were 600+ on the field so i thought i would go and ask as i have never seen any one shooting it (shy kids dont get and all that) i found the farmer paul and got chatting to him he told me he was haveing problems keeping them off the fields and i was more than welcome to have a go at them .so off i went and found a good flight line over a thin strip of wood that splits two rape fields i quickly set up about 100 yards up the strip and settled in by this time it was 1.30 pm and time was not on my side .the first birds dropped in 5min later and dropped the first bird and missed the second going out :blush: the birds came steady for the next two hours and then a big flock of 500+ plus headed to the next rape field about quarter of a mile from where i was and started to pull all the birds that way so at 16.10 i packed up i had shot 59 42 in the photo and picked 17 from the field behind me when i went back for the car . i spent the next half hour shifting them from one field to the next just driveing round putting them off when they settled.on the way out i stopped to offer the farmer some birds and to let him know how i had got on he was over the moon at what i had shot . he asked if i could wait five min as chris the farm manager was on his way over and i could have a chat with him .he duely arrived and after a good chat told me he had 250 hecters of rape in and would ibe intrested in shooting it for him (oooohhh hell yeh )he then told me he has 23 pea and bean fields to go in in the next month and i can shoot what i want i have to meet him next sat to get maps of all his land 9000 acres :o and he hads rabbits and deer he needs kept in check too .

so after just going in on the off chance i have gone from shooting 2500 acres to 11500 acres well worth going out

post-15459-0-41958000-1330281415.jpg

post-15459-0-35179600-1330281438.jpg

post-15459-0-66753900-1330281545.jpg

post-15459-0-67850200-1330281575.jpg

Well done Bud, excellent bag. I haven't ever seen that many pigeons at one time!! They are quite a bit more scarce here.

well timothy any time you cross the pond your more than well come to come and reduce the numbers here with me :lol::lol:

thats why the dogs got its tongue out. :P

na a think that was at me buddy as to say bog off a aint doing any more :lol:

Wow really happy for you ........ Actually that's B#%$€¥%s I hate you and I'm as jealous as hell!

:lol::lol::lol::lol: always better to be honest buddy :lol::lol: