My first Shotgun

paulr5604

Picked up my first shotgun today from my mate its a Baikal Over under Ejector double trigger. Thats all I know about it so if anyone knows which model it is please let me know.

The action is still tight and all wood and metal work is in as new condition.

Cant wait for the farmer to ring and tell me he is starting spring drilling so that I can go and try to shoot some pigeons and crows.

2012-02-26200109.jpg

2012-02-26185100.jpg

I have just downloaded the manual interesting read (sad I know). I checked to screws that set to either manual or auto ejectors and they were set in the manual mode so turned them back to the auto setting then gave it a good clean and a light going over with some gun oil which has loosened up the action loads.

The double trigger will be easy to get used to, so don't worry about that. Also, I would try not to get too hung up on different chokes, i have always found that when you are on the bird or clay whatever it is, you are on it, so no need to play about with chokes and cartridges too much unless your looking for excuses! Good luck with the gun though, i used to stand in front of the mirror with my first gun just practising mounting it over and over at my eye

Picked up my first shotgun today from my mate its a Baikal Over under Ejector double trigger. Thats all I know about it so if anyone knows which model it is please let me know.

The action is still tight and all wood and metal work is in as new condition.

Cant wait for the farmer to ring and tell me he is starting spring drilling so that I can go and try to shoot some pigeons and crows.

2012-02-26200109.jpg

2012-02-26185100.jpg

Alright mate!

How much did you pay for it if you don't mind me asking? Its just that my uncle is just getting into shooting and Baikals sound like a good gun!

Cheers Tom :good:

The double trigger will be easy to get used to, so don't worry about that. Also, I would try not to get too hung up on different chokes, i have always found that when you are on the bird or clay whatever it is, you are on it, so no need to play about with chokes and cartridges too much unless your looking for excuses! Good luck with the gun though, i used to stand in front of the mirror with my first gun just practising mounting it over and over at my eye

Agree with Drew, my first/only shotgun is a full and 3/4 choke and I've settled pretty well with it.

Well done mate, and enjoy yourself :good:

How much did you pay for it if you don't mind me asking? Its just that my uncle is just getting into shooting and Baikals sound like a good gun!

They are very solid and reliable, fit is key if it doesn't fit and beats you up doesn't matter if it was £10 or £10k............

I have just downloaded the manual interesting read (sad I know). I checked to screws that set to either manual or auto ejectors and they were set in the manual mode so turned them back to the auto setting then gave it a good clean and a light going over with some gun oil which has loosened up the action loads.

Oh! I have the same gun by the looks of it, my first also. Which screw makes it an ejector? Always assumed it was a non-ejector!

Thanks.

Oh! I have the same gun by the looks of it, my first also. Which screw makes it an ejector? Always assumed it was a non-ejector!

Thanks.

if you take the barrels off you will se two small screw near the front of the action turn these 90 degrees to change from auto ejector to manual if you google baikal izh-27 one of the results is a pdf copy of the manual

if you take the barrels off you will se two small screw near the front of the action turn these 90 degrees to change from auto ejector to manual if you google baikal izh-27 one of the results is a pdf copy of the manual

Cheers! I'll have a look!