I'm compiling a list of forces who allow .243 primarily for fox

Kes

having just moved from notts to derbyshire there view is . although you have fox on your ticket [.243] and deer . if you are stalking and see a fox you are in order to shoot. but its a grey area if there are no deer .i have a .17hmr vermin/fox .243 deer/fox .308 deer/fox. it was sugested that a specific fox caliber rifle to fill the grey area .223 to fit the bill so guess who has sent for a variation asap

having just moved from notts to derbyshire there view is . although you have fox on your ticket [.243] and deer . if you are stalking and see a fox you are in order to shoot. but its a grey area if there are no deer .i have a .17hmr vermin/fox .243 deer/fox .308 deer/fox. it was sugested that a specific fox caliber rifle to fill the grey area .223 to fit the bill so guess who has sent for a variation asap

dont know who told you that Ive had fox with a 243 for years

area to area have a different veiw and i he says do you want a .233im not going to say no now im i

couldnt really refuse you mate,but it isnt a grey in Derbyshire to get a 243 granted for fox,luckily there quite sensable and realise dead is dead and a 243 is no more dangerous than a 223

at the moment I have - 243 for fox, deer and vermin, 22mag for fox and vermin, 22LR for Fox and vermin...thats with Grampian Police who are very sensible and realistic - they also take on average 6 days to turn around an FAC! :good:

Regards,

Gixer

Fox deer and vermin here on both .243 and .223 the best reasoning is saying you just want to own the one rifle. Having loads of different calibers for different situations isn't for me I prefer one gun where practical then you can justify a better gun and scope rather than cheap ones

Kes Macc will allow a 243 for fox if you get rid of your 223 i have had all these conversations with Sharon the manager at Winsford and if your a gamekeeper you can have a 243 for vermin other than that you will be wasting you time mate this has been going on with cheshire for a number of years

Mark

Thats exactly what I had to do, drop the .223 and you can have 6mm for fox.