Thunder bolt pellets??

Ghostrider1979

Guy at shooting club had a tin when they were first release and we couldnt get them to group in any of the air-rfiles we had at the club. They were suppose to be a lot lighter and good in springers but they were next to useless in my Webley Longbow SE Springer.

they produce either extremely close groups (the best) or a good group with a flyer.

very tight down my hw97 barrel (too tight) very very hard hitting though

Depend what you call hard hitting. Granted they'll puncture tin cans (if you can hit them) or split wooden stakes, but like other non-lead pellets they have a tendency to go straight through flesh without stopping. For live quarry this can mean wounded animals. A lead pellet such as a JSB is usually more accurate (that's why international target shooters use them) and they transfer more of their energy into live targets.

If you hunt tin cans then by all means use Thunderbolts, but if you are after bunnies or pigeons then a good soft lead pellet with a domed head is proven to be a better choice.

Depend what you call hard hitting. Granted they'll puncture tin cans (if you can hit them) or split wooden stakes, but like other non-lead pellets they have a tendency to go straight through flesh without stopping. For live quarry this can mean wounded animals. A lead pellet such as a JSB is usually more accurate (that's why international target shooters use them) and they transfer more of their energy into live targets.

If you hunt tin cans then by all means use Thunderbolts, but if you are after bunnies or pigeons then a good soft lead pellet with a domed head is proven to be a better choice.

i totally agree with you, i wasn't saying whether it was an advantage or not i was just giving him as much info as possible to make his decision. i know people who hunt with them as there pellet of choice. i personally dont use them as they are just not tight enough. in .177 they would be way to penetrative but .22 they are fine. if they work best in "your barrel" which is what makes a pellet good or not for you then use them.

atb tom

ive hunted with them in both .177 and .22 and never had over penetration issues. but i suppose, as with all things, its all about the correct shot placement.

i make a habit out of inspecting anything i shoot, just so i know how my shooting is, and that my shot placement is correct and also to look for things like over penetration.

maybe ive just been incredibly lucky with the rabbits ive shot, who knows. lol.

but either way, ive definatly never had the afformentioned issues.

:good:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

ThUnder Bolts are a Range of worked Zinc Pellets made for SMK's

Like any pellets they will work in some guns and not others

But like All Pax - Bullet Designed Pellets

They need a Clean Barrel & Action - As do need to find Rifling

For Speed & Accuracy

Same Design as other Pax Bullet Pelets made in Lead

BOB/R