Best moderator

thebosun

I have 3 .22 rifles, Ruger,BRNO and winchester.i am looking to exchange one my two Parker hale moderators.Although ok for most jobs still find they are a bit loud.Are there quierter ones out there.

To be fair no not realy untill you go to extreames. Examine your ammo choice and make sure you are on proper subsonic rounds - Auto rimfires spit a lot of noice out the action area no moderator will help this better by far the bolt gun in this regards :good: Do you reffer to Autos perhaps?

My own old Parker hale moderated bolt action is vitualy silent on firing giving only reflected noise of the strike

I've got PHs on both my rimfires (Anschutz b/a and BRNO auto) and all i usually hear with subsonics is the hammer hitting the firing pin and the bullet hitting home. You may want to look at your ammunition if its that noisey.

Thanks to everyone for info,did use semi auto with parker and winchester subs,not as accurate and a lot noisyer than my bolt action with the parker and winchester subs.Will try Sak i think,not a lot of money.

Thanks to everyone for info,did use semi auto with parker and winchester subs,not as accurate and a lot noisyer than my bolt action with the parker and winchester subs.Will try Sak i think,not a lot of money.