High Seat

Grandalf

if you're still struggling I'll get some pictures of some local ones here when I walk the dog. They are fabricated and fit on a ladder basically have a pole through the centre of one of the rungs and are welded from there.

Thanks for that - It seems to be what I am looking for.

'Browning' is sending me some pictures of his.

I just don't want to make the same mistakes that someone else has made...

Could the pics be posted I'd like so see some ideas iv made a few timber free standing ones.

8cfc7b44.jpg

that looks good, please remember though the steps should all be wired through with a fencing tention wire or similar incase of rot or a joint breaking in the case of wood

al4X - Super photographs of the construction method employed.

Just the sort of thing I have in mind.

Thanks for taking the trouble.

Don't worry about the photographic skills.

The Memsahib was a professional photographer back in the days when photography was all dark-rooom work and chemicals.

Every time I pick up a camera she takes it away from me and says that I don't know what I'm doing - which is true if somewhat hurtfull!

Pavman is on an aeroplane as I write. He is returning from very foreign parts where his lady took him on a surprise holiday to celebrate his 50th.

Lots of sand and the last I heard of them they were both drinking vodka and he was swatting for his VHf Radio Licence exam!

He has a mobile highseat but I'm not keen on the design.

these are so simple and won't corrode or suffer problems with the steps breaking etc. Ingenious but obvious fixing the main support through a rung as it really can't come adrift.

Quite a clever idea that. I suppose bored out for suitable bar and a couple of scaffold clips it could be moved using one ladder for multiple seats?

these are so simple and won't corrode or suffer problems with the steps breaking etc. Ingenious but obvious fixing the main support through a rung as it really can't come adrift.

Yep - It seems to be just the ticket.

I want to be able to move it around the 1000 acre shoot that I run.

Leave it for a couple of weeks in one place then move it on.