Muntjac buck this morning

Dunkield

Having measured the last one as gold only to be told it's silver I am not making any predictions or setting my expectations.

OK having discussed this over a beer today, curiousity got the better of me, so I pulled it out of the freezer and went over it quickly with a tape.

I make it 64.8 points (gold is 61 and above) so even if they deduct the odd point here and there it <should> be well in, we shall see..

OK having discussed this over a beer today, curiousity got the better of me, so I pulled it out of the freezer and went over it quickly with a tape.

I make it 64.8 points (gold is 61 and above) so even if they deduct the odd point here and there it <should> be well in, we shall see..

Fingers crossed for you mate.

• 2 months later...

Just picked the Muntjac up today, and thought (seemed like a good idea at the time :/ ) I would take it to be scored at the same time.

Short version, a long old day, 300 mile round trip, but it was worth it.

Here he is in all his glory, as I have found it is impossible to get a good picture indoors but as it is still tipping down outside it will have to do for now.

I am really impressed with the taxidermy and would recommend Claire Fowler to anyone.

Also as I have found you tend to round your workings up when measuring trophies, but even so it still made gold which is the icing on the cake :)

P1000085 (Medium).JPG

You can measure it yourself using the form from CIC:

http://www.cic-wildlife.org/uploads/media/red_book.pdf

But it counts for nothing other than satisfying curiosity or as a guide, only they can score it officially.

BASC will also do their version if you prefer.

Mount without plaque would have been £290, with was another £20.

I am sure you could pay less, I did last time, and the job wasn't half as good. So I went with the recommendation of many stalkers so as not to waste another good head.

So I had been on time [ :blush: ] we would have been there together, small world.

I wish I could have hung about, but I was already late and I had to get to see Charles and home again.

300 miles and 7 hours in the car that day, including getting stuck in the returning holiday traffic on the A303 :/

I wish I could have hung about, but I was already late and I had to get to see Charles and home again.

"I had to see Charles"

You Guys from Bucks are such snobs, why can't you say your going Foxing like the rest of us :lol: :lol:

Great Mount Dunkield

Looks well worth the Money, it's not gonna be Hard memoriesing The day you shot Him. I bet every time you glance at it your right back witn him in your crosshair :shoot: . :yes:

Just hope you've not got the curse of the Munty Buck, every time you close your eyes to go to sleep you will hear the "Faint Barking" of the Buck. Never getting to sleep again :o :crazy:

PELTY :good: