cant mount scope straight

PotHunter96

The way I do it is I take the action from the rifle and mount it in a vice carefully and adjust till level in each direction with a spirit level and then put the mounts on and make sure there level with a spirit level, then i place the scop in the mounts and lay the level across the turret caps to get that level then tighetn it all up and re fit to the stock and have a mount of it and make sure it looks as level as possible ! Always worked for me ! :good:

hi i think ive done it i just took the top half of the rings of of the scope and mounted the bottom rings to the rifle, i then put the scope on and twisted the scope till it was level then just put the top half of the rings on top of the scope once it was level its fairly sraight now

This is impossible to answer, but if it was the same with your last scope then I suggest a look at the mounts...if all is well now then fine....but lets be honest, if the dovetail and the mounts are true this isn't rocket science!

ATB! :good::good:

Think maybe looking at his post above, the previous attempt was fitting the scope to the mounts first then trying to wang it onto the rifle :o :o :o Not suprising that the scope was wrecked :no: Still seems its sorted now :good:

Edited by turbo33

Think maybe looking at his post above, the previous attempt was fitting the scope to the mounts first then trying to wang it onto the rifle :o :o :o Not suprising that the scope was wrecked :no: Still seems its sorted now :good:

i know it was a stupid thing to do but yeah it is sorted now so ill be off lamping rabbits one night

Looking at your post I would say that you probably are mounting the scope correctly but you are then canting your rifle when you bring it up to the aim which would give you a canted reticle.

Try the above ways of getting it on straight and if it still looks off then you need to adjust your mount, it's an extremely common error.

Mike...