pelet choice

predator master

hi all springer shooters just a quick query onto peoples opinions on which pellets best suited to an hw 97 k as had few differences of opinion and would appreciate some help before purchase half the shops stock of different weights and manufacturers fo pellets . will be used predominantly for rats bunnys squirrels at 25 to 30 yards range any help greatly appreciated thankyou in hopeful anticipation.

It's difficult to give a definitive answer, because all rifles are slightly different. In general, springers prefer middle to light weight pellets. Also in general, round head pellets are more accurate.

A great quality pellet to start with is the Air Arms Field or JSB Exact. In .22 the Pax Defiant has performed well for many people.

Posted on this before on another thread. "Best" is the most accurate brand/type that you are prepared to pay for. Get some samples and put them through on paper targets and see what happens. Then rank in accuracy/price order. Our Gamos just love RWS superdomes and points - domes for fur and point for feather.

Unless one has a 'quirky' barrel, it's safe to say (IMO) that there are only a few pellet types you need to try. AA Fields, JSB Exacts, RWS Superdomes, Daystate. Plus a couple more I've no doubt forgotten.

Why? Because they are all basically the same pellet! They all have a round nose and a good expandable skirt to engage the rifling and make a good seal.

Start with these and one of them will suit your barrel. Don't need to go mad and buy 10 different pellet types. Stick to the 4 I've listed to start.... :yes:

Unless one has a 'quirky' barrel, it's safe to say (IMO) that there are only a few pellet types you need to try. AA Fields, JSB Exacts, RWS Superdomes, Daystate. Plus a couple more I've no doubt forgotten.

Why? Because they are all basically the same pellet! They all have a round nose and a good expandable skirt to engage the rifling and make a good seal.

Start with these and one of them will suit your barrel. Don't need to go mad and buy 10 different pellet types. Stick to the 4 I've listed to start.... :yes:

thank you for this and all other replies to my query after listening to your comments found rws super domes extremely accurate with consistent grouping at desired range so will hopefully now get on terms with rats squirrels bunnys etc and thanks again for yours and every bodys help with this topic.

thank you for this and all other replies to my query after listening to your comments found rws super domes extremely accurate with consistent grouping at desired range so will hopefully now get on terms with rats squirrels bunnys etc and thanks again for yours and every bodys help with this topic.

I hate to say it but i told you so !!! ;)