on the rape at a new perm

cocker3

was hoping to go out on sat but fog canceled all flights :oops: so got up early on sunday to bright sun shine and no wind .at 10am i got a call from a farmer i have just got shooting from to say he was getting alot of pigeons hitting his rape so dropped all plans (i was going to have a look at the beans i shot last week ). when i arrived i put 60-80 off the field with a further 100+ in the trees so i set up i a corner where the rape had been hammered for the next 2 hours the birds came in little spurts but decoyed well but with no wind and bright sun shine it was always going to be slow . the farmer arrived to see how i was getting on and we went for a walk round the other rape fields to see how they were fairing .

as we walked into one of the other fields there were 17 roe deer standing and sitting in a big bald patch in the field and he asked if i could sort it out for him so a nice little bonus .any way he left after thanking me for turning up today and i said i would see him during the week to sort out the roe .

i carried on shooting for a further hour and then the birds just stopped it wasnt a big day but very worth while the dogs picked 23 and lost 2 i could not belive how nackered the dogs were with the heat so on the way home i took them to a local river for a well deserved swim that ended up taking an hour :lol::lol::lol:

thanks for looking :good:

post-15459-0-43014400-1332712069.jpg

post-15459-0-92939300-1332712060.jpg

post-15459-0-85204600-1332712159.jpg

post-15459-0-04110400-1332712170.jpg

post-15459-0-01280400-1332712243.jpg

post-15459-0-01280400-1332712243.jpg

Edited by cocker3

nice one bud :good: the rape looks really short on your pics its over 2ft high on our ground

hi daz yeh the rape on this field is realy short it was put in with the wrong drill so i am told and got hammered by pigeons all winter before i got to shoot it so its had a hard start to life :lol: but all the other rape on my perms is 2 ft+