barbel and carp fishing

pluckers son

any1 help me out here plz...been going on the river trent for barbel at the weekends but i cant get to land 1.......can any1 help me with rigs and the best way to put my hook on,also for carp fishing as well,step by step pics would help me out

i always use spade end hooks but i want to start using eyed hooks but dont know how to go about tying them :good:??

Pluckers son,i use the knotless knot (no joke i've been carp fishing for 15yrs)

1.Tie a small loop in your hooklink material,this will be to put your bait stop in.

2.Pass the other end through the back of the eye on your hook,leaving a tail as long as you want you hair to be,approx 1cm

3.Whip the line around the shank of the hook,making sure that each turn lays side by side at least 8 times or until you are level with the point of your hook.

4.Pass the line back through the back of the hook,make sure the whipping stay in place and make sure you pass it through the back of the hook.This will make your hook kick out and get a better hook hold.

Hope that makes sense

Pluckers son,i use the knotless knot (no joke i've been carp fishing for 15yrs)

1.Tie a small loop in your hooklink material,this will be to put your bait stop in.

2.Pass the other end through the back of the eye on your hook,leaving a tail as long as you want you hair to be,approx 1cm

3.Whip the line around the shank of the hook,making sure that each turn lays side by side at least 8 times or until you are level with the point of your hook.

4.Pass the line back through the back of the hook,make sure the whipping stay in place and make sure you pass it through the back of the hook.This will make your hook kick out and get a better hook hold.

Hope that makes sense

Think its called the Palimor Pluckers Son.

LB

any1 help me out here plz...been going on the river trent for barbel at the weekends but i cant get to land 1.......can any1 help me with rigs and the best way to put my hook on,also for carp fishing as well,step by step pics would help me out

i always use spade end hooks but i want to start using eyed hooks but dont know how to go about tying them :good:??

The rig i use for Barble:

Small bomb lead on main line then small rubber bead then tie on a small swivel, Then tie on about 10"-14" braid or more line tie on (i use a size 8) hook pushed through a bit of lunchoen meat, Cast out down stream tighten down to bomb keep rod tip high & wait :good:

PELTMAN

I use the blood knot for Barbel.

I also find that in waters where the fish are wary of luncheon meat, a good chunk of edam cheese secured with a maggot is an excellent alternative. So good in fact that I tend to use edam whenever I'm after Barbel.

Z

I also find that in waters where the fish are wary of luncheon meat, a good chunk of edam cheese secured with a maggot is an excellent alternative. So good in fact that I tend to use edam whenever I'm after Barbel.

Z

I agree, i also use a FULL blood Knot, this is where the line goes through the loop near the eye of the hook & then back through the loop of line from the top of the twists.

I haven't tried the Edam, but i'm going to a new Venue tonight so will take both lunchoen & Edam.

Thanks for the tip ZB :good:

PELTMAN

LB,the palomar knot is completley different knot to the knotless knot.

1.Double your hooklink material and pass the loop through the eye of your hook

2.Now tie a over hand knot

3.Now pass your hook through the loop

4.Now moisten line and pull knot down

This is bulky knot so it isn't realy suitable for light lines

Z

I agree, i also use a FULL blood Knot, this is where the line goes through the loop near the eye of the hook & then back through the loop of line from the top of the twists.

I haven't tried the Edam, but i'm going to a new Venue tonight so will take both lunchoen & Edam.

Thanks for the tip ZB :good:

PELTMAN

So, how did you get on Peltman?

ZB