Your pigeon magnet

finreid

Pinewood for me too.

I use a 7amp battery in the winter and then either the 12 or 17 amp depending on how long i plan on being out in the summer. the 17 amp will last a day and half in the summer

I have had mine a fair few years now and its getting to the stage where the gearbox on the motor has seen better days but bear in mind i shoot 2-3 time a week in the summer and at least once a week in the winter.

Im about to order the new motor from MFA so no issue there.

I Made mine and it didn't cost a single penny, one sheet of steel cut to about 6" square bolt an old wiper motor to said plate, weld a lenght of RE bar to each corner and bent it down' next I welded a nut to the end of a good lenght of RE bar and on the other end I welded a lenght of flat springy steel with again a very small lenght of RE bar on each end to mount a decoy to. the nut just screws onto the wiper motor spindle, a lenght of wire runs from the motor to a twelve volt car battery which was also free but is very heavy, has worked faultlessly (and draws the pigeons in) in the year since I made it and is very stable as the bars on each corner easily push deep into the soil. It also has two speeds although I have to select the speed at the motor itself. I should mention I work in a plant and van workshop for a construction company and thats how with permission I was able to obtain all the materials for free.