L200 Warrior 2.5TD

Stratts

Finally convinced the enemy it'd be a good idea to have a truck so going to look at a L200 Warrior next Tuesday on an 03 plate 89K miles FSH with a few extras.

Anyone drive em, if so what dya reckon and is there anything particular to check for as it'd be my 1st truck?

Cheers

03 was when they had issues with heads cracking, not the end of the world as new heads aren't that expensive but it is a 1k repair, so check the expansion tank for signs its been overflowing and pressurisation. Otherwise they are decent trucks, easy to maintain with parts from milners and you get a lot for your money. Expect 28-30 to the gallon I'm on my 2nd and will have a new shape next very easy to live with day to day for pootling about and shooting.

I bought my 03 warrior 4 months a go and love it, plenty of battered abused ones around so make sure it has FSH and hasnt been a work truck.

Make sure there isnt a tapping sound when running as a few l200's had weak bottom ends which is expensive!

Brilliant for the dogs, can chuck anything in the back, and the mrs loves it aswel so win win situation!

I have a one year old l200 barbarian and love it. economy is about 25mpg so that is the only real downside.

I always get a lot of people coming up to me at shoots who have the older shape models and the only real complaint they all have is that the turning circle is rubbish.

Apparantly you end up doing a lot of shuffling about if you want to negotiate round a car park.

The other complaint which everybody knows about is the cylinders head going all the time. Out of all the pick-ups I would choose an L200 with perhaps a Hilux coming close second

Anyone any experience of a 3ltr V6 petrol L200 Triton with LPG conversion? One local to me but I know nowt about em? Ta

I have a Shogun Sport V6 with LPG - nice motor to drive although make sure its serviced correctly, plugs are a nightmare to do, it takes about 4 hours!!!

What do you want to know about them?