2ft off target

hedd-wyn

If you overtighten the mounts this can cause the problems you are having, especially if front or rear mount is tighter than the other.

Loosen the mounts from the rail and re-tighten alternately ( bits at a time ) until tight. Not overtight. Still no joy then try another scope.

Would be OK to do this if you were correcting by a couple of inches, but 2 feet is quite a lot. On the photograph provided the Hawke branding is nearly on the side of the eye bell. Should it not be on top?

Sadly my eyes are as bad or worse than that, but the whole point is you get to adjust it so you can see the target...hopefully!

That should have nothing to do with the problem outlined here!

:good::good:

Edited by Dekers

Sadly my eyes are as bad or worse that that, but the whole point is you get to adjust it so you can see the target...hopefully!

That should have nothing to do with the problem outlined here!

:good::good:

The reason I pointed that out was because it looks out of place. On my Hawke scopes the rear of the eye bell moves to help focus on the target, keeping the Hawke logo on top. If the eyebell has moved and it was not designed to do so, it could be the very reason why the OP is having a problem. The eyebell may not be central to the scope tube.

As far as I'm aware the position of the "eye bell" (Ocular assembly) has little effect on the accuracy-the image has already been internally aligned with the gun/target and the effect of moving the Ocular assembly out of alignment is similar to watching a T.V. from different angle-it doesn't alter the centre of the picture.

Edited by bruno22rf

As far as I'm aware the position of the "eye bell" (Ocular assembly) has little effect on the accuracy-the image has already been internally aligned with the gun/target and the effect of moving the Ocular assembly out of alignment is similar to watching a T.V. from different angle-it doesn't alter the centre of the picture.

After checking, the branding on the ocular assembly of cheap scopes seems to vary in position. If the assembly was not synchronised with the rest of the scope, surely there would be parallax error?

Right lads, He has changed the mounts round and re fitted the scope.

He sent me a photo of the grouping last night and they were better, but the dial turned all the way they were still about two inches to the left.

Beats me, he's dropping the rifle over at mine this morning so I can give it a crack at it.

Thanks for the advice

Hedd

Right lads, He has changed the mounts round and re fitted the scope.

He sent me a photo of the grouping last night and they were better, but the dial turned all the way they were still about two inches to the left.

Beats me, he's dropping the rifle over at mine this morning so I can give it a crack at it.

Thanks for the advice

Hedd

If its down to 2" at a distance.Maybe a shim will sort this out now.Jim.(Night Owl).