Channel 4 fox release

I rather like foxes and enjoy seeing them around. I've never understood the "only good fox is a dead one" attitude.

Actually foxes do quite a lot of good in the countryside and presumably urban areas, they certainly help in keeping rabbits and rats in check together with taking care of other dead and injured wildlife they come across.

They provide us with marvelous sport from foxhunting through to lamping and because of this long may they flourish.

Yes, high numbers can become a nuisance as can the odd one that decides to target a release pen, poultry pen or the lambing field but this is no reason to wish to see every one dead.

To me there is no such thing as vermin. Some things may at times be pests and need dealing with but it is not necessarily a pest to everyone.

To the vast majority who shoot, pest species are no different to a pheasant or duck, they provide us with the sport we dearly love.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Unfortunately stubby if it goes missing your statement may just be on the next programme.

Not having a pop mate I like your posts and comments but that wasn't your best one bud

Regards

John

Both threads on the same subject have been merged into this one

was just about to say theres 3 pages of answers the same as mine, then read dunks quote that 2 posts had been merged, so I'll forget it,lol

I think the best comment to be sent in was "I believe that every fox deserves a second chance"! I wonder if they would say the same if their baby that got bitten by one? - I think not! :no::no::no:

That was my favourite too, as if the fox A/ 'Didn't mean it' the first time or B/ Can some how repent so it won't kill/injury the next time!? :lol::rolleyes:

If i thought they were joking it wouldn't be so tragic <_< I notice they didn't have any farmers etc on :sly:

I rather like foxes and enjoy seeing them around. I've never understood the "only good fox is a dead one" attitude.

Actually foxes do quite a lot of good in the countryside and presumably urban areas, they certainly help in keeping rabbits and rats in check together with taking care of other dead and injured wildlife they come across.

They provide us with marvelous sport from foxhunting through to lamping and because of this long may they flourish.

Yes, high numbers can become a nuisance as can the odd one that decides to target a release pen, poultry pen or the lambing field but this is no reason to wish to see every one dead.

To me there is no such thing as vermin. Some things may at times be pests and need dealing with but it is not necessarily a pest to everyone.

To the vast majority who shoot, pest species are no different to a pheasant or duck, they provide us with the sport we dearly love.

exactly what i was trying to say. they are a truly marvellous animal.