Fac .22 air 30ftlbsJust

deejay

Just done a test with mine and found that I get about 35-40 full power shots with mine before it drops off a bit .

What do you guys get , I was told mine was regulated when I bought it so this should maybe tell me if it was .

Thanks Daz

Edited by deejay

Sorry forgot to mention it is an AA S410 Extra .

I have had this on the chrono and I got about 40 shots before it started to drop off . I measured 30 shots and noted them down.

Mag 1... Mag 2... Mag 3...Shot

28.32... 27.82... 29.29...1

28.78... 28.12...29.24...2

28.91... 28.50... 29.29... 3

27.94... 28.63... 29.37... 4

27.99... 28.70... 29.09... 5

28.45... 28.40... 29.37... 6

28.32... 28.70... 28.78... 7

28.37... 28.83... 28.58... 8

28.45... 29.16... 28.24... 9

28.37... 29.37... 28.12... 10

If you can understand all that as I had put spacers in between but when it come to posting it the table shrunk.

Edited by deejay

Not sure what size the Air Arms cylinder but on my regulated FAC .22 Rapid with a 280cc bottle I'm getting 80 shots at 30FPE from a 230bar initial charge.

Cant quote on the chamber size but I have done a search on the shot count and it should be hitting 80 shots for the .22

I have only just tried to fill it back up to re-test and the dive bottle is low as it only fills the gun to 180 bar.

This could of been the fault with the poor shot count if it has not been filled enough, I can only go off the dive bottle as, the gun gauge only goes up to 150 and then stops , I was informed that this would not move when regulated but would drop once the power got too low.

Not sure how much of that is true .

Daz

Hmmm, have you rung the folks at air arms to ask them? The figures you posted look pretty consistent, does it drop off rapidly after 40 and do you know what you should be charging to (max pressure)?

I agree that the shots look very consistant for it not to be regulated , I did notice that after 40 shots it started to drop only slightly though . Assumed that once it started to drop that it would lose the POI so thats when I stopped the test.

Should of really carried on until it actually dropped below 25ftlbs.

Think the S410 needs to be charged up to about 180-200 bar

I will have to get the bottle topped up now and test again .

Daz

Just found this , while looking for the AA website so I could ring them , dont think I need to now.

AirArms S400/S410 Regulator Conversions

NO POWER CURVE : ON AVERAGE AN 80 - 90% INCREASE IN SHOTS

Note: Pressure gauge will now only read the REGULATED PRESSURE 90-100 bar (if gauge is accurate).

The following is a guide to the shots per charge @ 11.3 - 11.6 ft lbs

S410K .177 cal 110-120 shots

S410 Classic .177 cal 140-160 shots

S410K .22 cal 130-140 shots

S410 Classic .22 cal 160-180 shots

FAC Version (require a F.A.C. Licence)

FAC S400/S410 Classic .22 cal 50 shots @ 27lbs

FAC S400/S410 Extra .22 cal 60 shots @ 30lbs

When the gauge starts to move from its static position you have around 10-15 shots before the power will drop.

What we do:

A fully machined conversion carried out at our workshop in Harston, this makes a good rifle great as you get more than double the number of shots all at 11.5 ft lbs with no risk of exceeding the legal limit and with no power curve.

There are other benefits too, as the hammer spring is softer following the conversion and this itself makes the hammer 30% lighter so the lock time is faster. This all adds up to an improvement in accuracy and firing cycle.

Prices:

The B.T.A.S. regulator conversion costs £225.00 when carried out to your own rifle. Its is covered by a 12 month warranty.

If you purchase a new S400/410 from us and specify a regulator conversion it is covered by our 10 year warranty.

These prices are for the rifle with the regulator conversion installed;

AirArms S400 Beech (K & STD length) £568.92

AirArms S400 Walnut (K & STD length) £610.16

AirArms S410 Beech (K & STD length) £714.59

AirArms S410 Walnut (K & STD length) £757.18

AirArms 'Take Down' £809.95

AirArms S410 Extra High Power (FAC) £809.92

Please note: to purchase an FAC rated air rifle you must hold a valid Fire Arms Certificate.

If its one of Ben's regulators then they're the best you'll get. I would give Milbro a call and book it in with the man himself though, rather than using a third party to fit the reg.

[/quote

Mick , from what I was told when I bought it , It already has the regulator fitted and seemingly from Btas, And as above the pressure guage does not move any futher than 100-120 Bar . I can only now wait to see what its like when I get my bottle filled up to maximum .

Thanks for your input too , has been most helpful .

Daz

Ahh, I see. Well fill up and do the test again as you say and post the results back. I have to say that Ben is a great man to deal with and I'm sure that if there is a problem with the regulator, which I doubt as they're virtually bomb-proof, a quick call to him will ascertain what the issue may be.

Fingers crossed a full charge will show that everything is absolutely fine. Good luck.

Ok Just had bottle filled and thought I would fire another batch of pellets through it to find out how many shots I got.

I didnt keep track of the power curve as I had used a spare tin of bisley premier that I never use , and as these are lighter they would give me a different reading anyway .

After filling the gun up to 220 bar I have now managed to work through 70 shots before it actually started to drop off , very slowly too .

Once it got to 24ftlbs after another 10-15 shots it really did drop right off.

Anyway the outcome being that I need to make sure the gun is topped up to maximum level.

The bisleys by the way were only 15 grains and give me 2-3 ftlbs less then the air arms field which are 16 grains.

I have now ordered some bisley magnums and will be interested to see what power increase these will give .

Thanks for all the replies and Mick Miller ,your input was much appreciated .

Daz

Edited by deejay

Sounds like its behaving exactly as it should Darren. When I tested my H&N FTT .22 pellets against my .22 Bisley Magnums I found the FPE to be almost identical but the lower weight pellet added 100fps to the MV. Bisley Magnums gave around 806fps whereas the lighter FTT's gave 904fps.

Anyway, hopefully you're happy with it now.

Sounds like its behaving exactly as it should Darren. When I tested my H&N FTT .22 pellets against my .22 Bisley Magnums I found the FPE to be almost identical but the lower weight pellet added 100fps to the MV. Bisley Magnums gave around 806fps whereas the lighter FTT's gave 904fps.

Anyway, hopefully you're happy with it now.

Yes , I am pretty happy with and eagerly wait upon my bisley magnums.

Maybe after 9 months of having it I should have done the checks before now , but never mind alls well .

Cheers Mick

Daz