Fixing gun cabinet

Steve72

Hi,

I'm about to install my gun cab' under the stairs, but there is a 22mm gas pipe at skirting level. Question is , does it have to be fixed to the floor aswell as the four fixings on the wall. ... If it can't go there it will have to go in my bedroom , and she'll love that.... Not.

As long as at no point it can't be used to leaver it off the wall with a crow bar etc so at 4" or so clear it should be fine or in the loft with a ladder the feo like that but then de humidifiers might be needed to stop your toys getting damaged. But as long as its in a place not easy to get to or can be prized of a wall there normally ok.

Don't put it on bricks, apparently some feo's don't like it for some reason?? Put it above skirting board and make a square frame with 4x2 and sit cabinet on that, hey presto :good:

Reason is you can knock the bricks out and then it is just hanging on the fixings - not good.

Like sharpshooter.123 and others say - make a wooden frame and fasten it to the cabinet's floor and then fasten cabinet to wall.

ATB.