Road planings req'd anyone know of a decent source?

pigglet

I'm trying to source some road planings to finish off our drive (just domestic) and wondered if anyone knows of a supplier in the Teesside area?

I need 60 tonnes of decent quality stuff.

My plan is to put 130mm down then roll it down with a vibrating roller??? Anyone got any tips?

All info greatly appreciated! :)

Edited by pigglet

Cool, Thanks for all the tips and offers guys. Rang the local council who put me in touch with a contractor. Got 60 tonne coming on Monday.

I've sourced a vibrating roller via a friend and will get it rolled in probably on wednesday. Ideally I'd wait for a hot day but we need to get the drive sorted for our wedding next Saturday as the wedding car won't get up it at the moment :blush:

Don't put it down too thick if you are useing a small roller, it will never go down tight enought to stay put.

3 inches thick and a proper 5 ton + ride on roller is the way to go.

I have done several miles of tracks down to some lakes, they are lasting very well with fairly heavy traffic including tractors and a few 30 ton tippers.

For best results a couple of inches of crushed concrete rolled down first makes a world of difference.

Lining the complete area with Teram is a good idea as well.

Neil. :)

Edited by Hornet 6