Would you have had time?

yds

the last couple of outings captured on film.

The bucks on here offered marginal chances, would you have had time or taken neck shots??

They were between 50-110m's and we stood shooting off sticks.

This is only a bit of fun and under stalking conditions there wasn't much time to make your mind up and get comfy on the sticks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rr0MhssxXJI

Nope not for me mate the longest he had was 5 seconds (2.39 to 2.44) I've never shot a deer but as a novice I reckon in that time you'd have to follow it, adjust position on sticks, settle, safety off, control breathing and shoot!!

Can't imagine many experienced stalkers would have done that but please correct me if I'm wrong as I'm learning the ropes :good:

Cheers

Because I am not as experienced at "stalking" as some members are I would certainly have taken the shot in the fox but I doubt if I would have chanced a neck shot on the buck as there are too many ways that it could have gone wrong and I hate the thought of leaving a wounded buck (Or doe come to that)!

Other more experienced stalkers/shooters may think or feel differently but I would prefer to err on the safe side! He will always be there for another day!

I think that in all honesty it is difficult to say either yes or no to the neck shot or the high shoulder shot without being there yourself! Just my opinion.

Edit: It will be interesting to see what others think they might have done just by watching the video! I would imagine there is going to be a very mixed response here"

Edited by Frenchieboy

i would have definately have taken the buck in the field and foxy ,at this time of year you really dont have much else on show unless they are out in grass fields. its just about confidence on sticks and being used to them .practice is the key i have got so used to my set trigger now its a hairs breath . i need to get a day out booked again john , the best thing is alway caution if not happy to shoot but practice is the key,atb wayne

Buck in the field would have got it at 2.40 and both Foxes assuming a big enough calibre to take a centre of mass shot as soon as they stopped. The first Buck that ran off up the hill I would have left because I don't like to neck shoot Deer unless I have to.