410 pistol

aister

a friend of mine who is a slaughter man to trade was asking me the other day about buying a 410 pistol. does anyone on here have one? i was looking at the taurus revolver. what licence would it go on? would it have to be restricted? any info on this will be appreciated, thanks :good:

I've just had a slot for one put on my fac. They are section one, not section five.

Mine is conditioned for killing vermin around buildings.

Look at the bond arms snake slayer too.

Edit to add that mine is restricted to being 2 shot.

Edited by zeff1357

Why a 410 pistol and not a .22 humane bolt gun?

he has two humane bolt guns. the problem he is having is with big pigs and sometimes heavy bulls, the bolt sticks in the skull bone and if the beast drops sidewards instead of straight down it sometimes takes the gun out of his hand. if the beast is dead its ok (not ideal though), but if something were to go wrong and it was still alive then things can get tricky or dangerous and you are left with no gun. as we all know, when it comes to killing things nothing is 100% foolproof.

I have a load of 6" barrel 3" magnum O/U Bond Arms Derringers, the Taurus revolving .410 is prohibited and everyone with the original 50 pistols imported has had them confiscated, it is only legal to own a single or double barreled pistol on Section 1.

£750 each

You need a slot for .410 Shot Pistol

• 3 weeks later...

he has two humane bolt guns. the problem he is having is with big pigs and sometimes heavy bulls, the bolt sticks in the skull bone and if the beast drops sidewards instead of straight down it sometimes takes the gun out of his hand. if the beast is dead its ok (not ideal though), but if something were to go wrong and it was still alive then things can get tricky or dangerous and you are left with no gun. as we all know, when it comes to killing things nothing is 100% foolproof.

When I was in Hunt service I used a standard 410 shotgun to put most things down, if I needed more I used a single shot 32 pistol. 410 pistols a more money and trouble than they are worth when a standard shotgun will do the job

Edited by Actionpigeons