Which Chrono ?

P03

I thought it was about time I bought my own chrono rather than going to the gunshop every time I want to test my rifle/pellet combo. Anyone got any recommendations....I've heard Combro are quite good.

Cheers

P03

just bought one and the serial interface to the computer. heard good things about it and for the price if it's any good it's well worth it's money. Will have a better idea on friday when i take it over a mate's to test a few rifles on and do some trend analysis with it's log files in excel. :lol:

To use those chronos, do you have to take your moderator off? Both of my rifles have moderators and one of them has a floating barrel, Id hate the idea of constantly having to take it off every time I need to chrono because Id probably end up having to retighten the barrel every so often too.

-Andrew

I'll look forward to hearing of your results. Which model have you got?

PS Welcome to the forum :lol:

cheers mate, yet it's the crombo 625 model, seems to be a fixed price of 39.95 everywhere, cable costs 8.95 from the manufactuer (serial, but they are working on a usb).

will post some results this weekend ;)

To use those chronos, do you have to take your moderator off? Both of my rifles have moderators and one of them has a floating barrel, Id hate the idea of constantly having to take it off every time I need to chrono because Id probably end up having to retighten the barrel every so often too.

-Andrew

no should be able to leave it on, they come with a v shaped unit that elastic band to the end of the rifle and then the chrono part slips into a grooved portion on the front of this V shaped carrier and allows you to centre the chrono with the barrel centre. so should work with most things. :P

Just a tip.

i know it sounds silly but if you use it on 2 airrifles make sure that it is properly in line. i used to use a length of plastic dowl a pen will do to align the chrono to make sure i didnt shoot it. :P

Then one day i forgot and shot the chrono. not impressed at all they dont stand up to being shot with an AA field doing 850 feet per second.. :no::lol:

You dont need to take the mod off when using the combro..............you can adjust it accordingly up and down with the screw at the back.

VERY TRUE ABOUT MAKING SURE YOU MAKE THE ADJUSTMENT if you use in on two rifles.......

They do make repairs if you decide to forget and shoot it off.

Then one day i forgot and shot the chrono. not impressed at all they dont stand up to being shot with an AA field doing 850 feet per second.. :no::lol:

:P:):)

Sorry Dougy, but the image that just popped into my head was hilarious. Thanks for the tip though. I think Combro do a range of bore guides for £7.50 to ensure that you have their product lined up correctly.

well tested today, did not have laptop connected for saving the results and mapping however.

But found it very easy to use and based against the ranges proper chono, just about spot on. I would recommend everyone to have one :P

could easily see the difference a pellet makes, and how a specific gun does ir does not like a certain pellet.

for example a bisley magnum in my steyr only managed 9.7lbs. using the jsb exacts that i normally run through it, 11.79lbs.

tested a new airwolf and found with AA's it was consistently between 11.68 and 11.79lbs.

well worth the £39.95 and free delivery

-Andrew

erm why?:P

i have used one of these at the club and in one sesion put it on roughly 7 different rifles and not a single one had to have the silencer removed, the only one we had trouble with was a career 707 and that scared the **** out of me testing that one LOL (it was my rifle)

you cant go wrong with the little chombro chrno mk4 :D though i can garantee you wil shoot it at least once LOL but when your talking around £8 for the worst case repair its not the end of the world :/

failing that chrony chrono are pretty good and fold away for strorage, but they are more than 3 times the price of the little chrombro units. and you still have to use a calculator on them LOL

ROB :/

as far as having to remove moderators/silencers etc, everything i tested yesterday did not require themt o be removed except one. The falcon quickfill/moderator one piece unit is a bit too much height to it to securely fasten the chrono to it without fear of shooting it. :P

other than that, like we have said before, seems to work 100% with everything else in place. :D

• 2 months later...

I bought a set of digital micro scales and you would be suprised at the variation in pellet weights from the same tin :)

I use Bisley Magnum pellets now to chrono the gun and STILL check the weights till i get a batch of 15 of the same weight.

I have an issue with my Combro at the present as i was informed by Falcon that my FN19 was sitting at 11.5FPE

When I tested it with the combro it came through at 15+FPE :D

To be on the safe side i adjusted the Falcon accordingly but am going to go buy a chrony BETA chrono to do my tests from now on.

I was gonna Buy a SKAN chrono on ebay but was outbid at the last minuet :lol:

They are good chrono's also.

LG

I

When I tested it with the combro it came through at 15+FPE :)

To be on the safe side i adjusted the Falcon accordingly but am going to go buy a chrony BETA chrono to do my tests from now on.

LG

So is the gun firing at 15 or was it a bad reading from the chrono as its not clear from the text (or I am more hung over than I thought).

Are you selling the chrono (assuming it reads right) if you are getting a new one? If so how much?

Justme

I

When I tested it with the combro it came through at 15+FPE :lol:

LG

So is the gun firing at 15 or was it a bad reading from the chrono as its not clear from the text (or I am more hung over than I thought).

Are you selling the chrono (assuming it reads right) if you are getting a new one? If so how much?

Justme

After 15 shots all reading 15FPE with a small fluctuation then i would say it was more the GUN rather than a bad reading from the chrono.

The reason i need a new Chrono is LAST time i used the Chrono the elastic band snapped and i ended up shooting the end off the thing :)

LG