Webley & Scott bolt action .410 question

bicykillgaz

Hi

Just picked up a webley & scott bolt action .410 for my wife to use. Only thing is the front bead has been attacked with a hammer or something and is virtually non existent now, does anyone know if they are threaded and if so how easy would it be to get a replacement?

Atb Gary

hi gary, did chambers sort you out with a sight bead for the 410?

I was a little disappointed to be honest I emailed them to find out what size I needed and they couldn't tell me I got a reply saying they stocked beads but I would need to tell them what size I wanted, I emailed webley directly and they couldn't tell me but gave me chambers email and said they should be able to help me(lol!) So now I'm back to where I started, thank you though for the link. :good:

I was a little disappointed to be honest I emailed them to find out what size I needed and they couldn't tell me I got a reply saying they stocked beads but I would need to tell them what size I wanted, I emailed webley directly and they couldn't tell me but gave me chambers email and said they should be able to help me(lol!) So now I'm back to where I started, thank you though for the link. :good:

sorry to hear that mate, only ever had good dealings with them. must be a tricky one with them 410's. keep there details though i'm sure they will come in handy in the future. regards aga man.

It will either be a 2.6 mm threaded bead or a 3 mm I beleive. Most old style (or good) gunshops hold a selection if you remove the old one and take it or the gun in they will check with you and sell you the right one for a couple of £ at the most

I would guess they would be imperial would'nt they? being a 1960's English gun??

Irrelevent anyway now :oops: